Payback

Umm , I asked him about a week ago but never got to post it.

I asked if he could contact virgin about launching and i also suggested that he would contact a GP32 coder to develop while he focuses on GBa and he answered with this:

Interesting ideas, but I'm really focussed on the GBA version right now but once that's done then I'll re-evaluate the GP32 market.

I also asked this:

The GP32 community wants for Frontal Assault to be ported but its a .amos according to them. I suggest you extract it in a diffrent fileformat so it can be read by people with Windows so it can be rewriten and looked at.

and he answered with this:

Rewriting it would be very hard because, as you're probably aware, AMOS isn't available on other platforms - saving the source code as a text file wouldn't solve that problem. There's also a reasonable amount of Amiga hardware trickery used in the game which would require a lot of effort to reproduce on other platforms. Anyone who attempted it would need to be fluent in AMOS, in which case reading the .amos file wouldn't be a problem for them. Also, the .amos file contains more than just the source code - it contains the game data as well and extracting this, whilst possible, would make it harder to interpret than when it was integrated in the .amos file.

Back