Please Help, Just Got This Thing!!

itsthe1manshow

Still Fresh
I just got mygamepark from someone off of ebay that didnt want it and boy was I excited. I get home try to get ready to download some nice stuff to it and I find out i need to register and download a program, okies, easy enough. Only to find out I can't get on the site to download the program(freelauncher). I finally get the pc link try to download drivers and I keep getting the GP32 has detected an error, I cannot get this thing to work at all. Can someone PLEASE help me step by step. I am reading to just sell this thing back on ebay. I have a 128mb SMC card. Also, would it be easier getting an smc reader writer, even then how would I begin from scratch, please I willreimburse any of you for your efforts.

itsthe1manshow@yahoo.com

Some Questions? How did you get the PC link app, if you weren't able to register? You would also need Freelauncher to launch any programs, but I digress...

What OS are you using?

Does Windows detect the GP32 while connected, and you turn the gp32_console on?

I cant remember exactly where i downloaded the app from a third-party site. I did the IRC thing to get the freelauncher program though not sure that worked. I am running windows XP! Windows had to of detected the GP32 cause it told me my smc card needed to be formatted. I also used a GP32 Registration Wizard program I downlaoded as well.

Have you been to Darkfader's site?

(You have read the FAQ here ... haven't you?)

Goto Firefly's homepage and download his Windows XP driver for the gamepark, then try it with pc-link.

Or download the gp32 manager beta, can't remember where it is exactly, though.

Those may help.

SMC could be corrupt and yes a SMC writer would make life easier in the long run (310 will do)

To skip the freelauncher, just flash your bios with mr spivs firmware, aquafish or the new euro bios. They don´t need the freelaucher to run emus and stuff.

To flash the bios, just go to the gp32x faq.

Hope it can help you

Install driver. This is the first thing you should do. Than use Squidge link (it is "windows comander" like file explorer or use PC Link if squidge wont work on your computer.
1. First power on you GP32
2. Choose PC LInk from bios menu
3. Launch PC LInk software (click ok)
And thats all.

Sometimes there is a "time out" problem" on some computers. NObody actually knows why it happens because it is OS dependent (on the same computer using win98 it works but using win 2000 it does not.) In that case the only sollution is Squidge link (check Beta Testing zone for downloads). It is the same order like about but instead PC Link software use Squidgelink.
Let us know if it help.

Okay I have downloaded firefly's driver, same result, that an error has ouccured in gp32 during process. I can not fid darkfader's faq. I already have pc link. Can someone help me from start? Can I get a reader and do everything from scratch and then I can downlaod stuff to the card or do i have to connect through the gamepark??? If so I will just buy a reader.

i've had this problem a few times... the order you do things in is

plug usb into GP32 (with GP power off)

turn on GP (your computer should pause for 2 seconds)

switch GP to link-mode

startup PC-link (or squidgelink)

if this doesn't work i dunno how to help, sorry... just make sure the USB drivers are installed properly is all I can suggest...

Well then can I just use a reader to download freelauncher and all instead of installing through the gamepark?

Hey I've had same problem once I think... the problem was that I used pc-link version 1.3 instead of 1.2, which version do you use?

Back