Please Help With Regards To Video

did you extract both the mencoder.exe and the target.bat in the same folder?

Pocket divx probably chooses a vbr, check if theres a option to set it to cbr.

Its okay, that media player you recommended plays anything i throw at it.
Pocket divx only gives these options for audio:
Direct audio stream copy
"live" effect
No audio
Audio normalisation (which is ticked by default)

Any ideas? Thanks alot for all of your guidance.

OK I can give a suggestion on what the settings mean:

Direct audio stream copy - This will copy the input audio directly (keep it as AC3 without re-encoding)
"live" effect - I'm guessing this will process sound to sound like it's in an open space (recommend unchecking)
No audio - Obvious
Audio normalisation (which is ticked by default) - I'd untick this. Basically it will normalise the sound to a certain level (generally speaking it makes it quieter)

i usaly use mencoder, which can be a bit tricky for inexperienced people,
You should try into getting into virtualdub at first, its pretty easy and gives good results.

Cheers you two, i'm gona use the direct audio stream option: video will be gp2x screen size meaning no scaling is required, and i still get my good quality ac3 sound, and it will all play on the media player i downloaded!
We got there in the end haha, thanks guys.

Edit: worked a treat, can play it in the lowest power mode with no stuttering!

Well, but then it won´t look as good on the TV screen. However, it´s of course easier and faster to encode the videos to a lower resolution so you don´t have to worry about a high bitrate.

EDIT: Oh blast, i thought you were complaining about the low video quality that Pocketdivx gave you. Should have read the thread more thoroughly. If its only the audio quality, that´s easir to fix than encoding a 720x480 file without having it stuttering on the ´2x.

I have found that the alternate media player will play anything i throw at it, no stuttering. That will be for tv out running off the mains in my gfs.
Otherwise, i use pocketdivx to rescale the video ONLY for the gp2x, and keep the audio at high quality ac3(because it just sounds better).
Now im a happy guy indeed, films 300meg with great sound and video, and the original files now work as well if i need them.

Back