Please help !

An easy way to do it is to copy the files on a floppy disk (720K) & then use makedisk to convert it to a ST file.

Loic

720K floppy? Do I just have to format diffrently or is is a diffrent type? And will the makedisk method work on a 1.44MB one, and if not, will a 720KB fin into a regular floppy drive?

rcx21000 posted on May 20 2003 said:
720K floppy? Do I just have to format diffrently or is is a diffrent type? And will the makedisk method work on a 1.44MB one, and if not, will a 720KB fin into a regular floppy drive?
the 720K (Double Density) and 1.44MB (High Density) disc are descendants of the 360KB (Single Density) discs. As far as I know the discs and drives are backwards compatible.

So you can read/write a 720KB DD disc in a 1.44MB HD drive. It's just a different format command.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, you will notice that your regular (1.44) disks have 2 holes on the top (one to the left & one to the right). The top right one has a little switch that lets you write protect your disk.
If you want to turn a 1.44 disk into a 720K disk, just put a piece of non-clear tape (make sure it sticks really well as you don't want the tape to get stuck into your disk drive) on the left top hole. Then you can format it as a 720K disk.
Or you can just go to a computer store & buy 720K disks (not all computer stores still carry these kind of disks, though).
Hope this helps,

Loic

If you've got the PRG-files on your PC it will be easier:
Get MSA Convert (search google to find it)
Create a new Atari image (DON'T check "Open image", there's a bug!)
Open that image
Copy all the files you need there
Save

Done :)

Back