[Portrequest] Cube Trains

mcobit

Advanced Member
As i don't have much time atm, I'd like to do a port request for Cube Trains:

http://ddr0.github.com/

It is based on the Frogattoengine and should have a glesrenderer out of the box.

So anyone interested in compiling it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPlCl9YuGxs

edit: Maybe it needs some tweeks for the screensize etc. But I think it should be doable.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was pretty straight-forward to compile, but it'll need some work with the screen resolution. Currently, it seems to be scaled down, making it impossible to select anything in the menu

Cool, that it compiles fine!

I am far away from my crosscompiler right now so I couldn't do it myself.

Do you think you can make it playable with some adjustments?

Thanks for trying btw :)

Edit: Maybe notaz sdl can be used for touchscreentranslation?

I won't have time to actually make it playable, but there's only a few tweaks needed to make it compile. First of all, it doesn't seem like it sets the resolution from command line options correctly. I just forced it before it calls the SDL set video mode function. Second of all, src/gui_formula_functions.cpp has a place in it that uses glBegin...glEnd to draw lines, but that can easily be fixed.

I haven't looked into what's needed to set the native resolution, but I have a gut-feeling that most if it is hard-coded...

It's kinda almost playable scaled if mouse coordinates worked, the text is very hard to read though.

Aiyyyy, yeah, that problem is caused by an old hack of mine which I did before I knew how the engine supported scaling "internally". The hack exploits the internal window stretching code of the Frogatto engine in such a way that the game is running at twice the height and width, but it's then scaled down to it's current resolution. By default, objects' scale is 2x normal scale, so they're sort of pixelly-looking. This hack scales the scaled graphics back down. I see I shall have to drop --native, then it should work fine. After that goes through, give me a shout and we can look into resized graphics. I don't personally own a pandora, so any suggestions on what scale would be appropriate would be nice. Somewhere between ½ and ⅓, maybe?

Cool, maybe slaeshjag can try to build it again :)

The Pandora has a screenres of 800x480 btw.

Yeah, but that will have to wait until tomorrow, math exam tomorrow morning. Also, not sure if I can test it myself since my pandora as of a few days ago is a badly held together brick.

Back