Power for GP32?

Nutzo

I'm on the verge of ordering a GP32 FLU. Can someone tell me what sort of power adapter I could use for AC? I'm in the USA - any info appreciated. I'm thinking maybe I can use an AC adapter I may already have?

Also, are there any rechargeable battery packs for the GP32? Seems this system is kinda power hungry.

Thanks.

Per the manual: Buy your DC Adapter according to the following specifications: Output: DC 3V, 250 mA (or above. Standard is 400 mA.) Caution: Compared with normal adapters, using an adapter that produces stable power is better. The outside of the adapter jack is positive, the inside is negative.

There isn't a battery "pack", but you can use rechargeable batteries... I use 1850 mAh Energizer Nimh rechargeables in mine, no problems.

I use recharable batteries and they work fine for me. If you do want to get a power adaptor just go to radioshack. You can find a power adapter for any voltage. The adapters don't come with a connector to plug into a device but they have all kinds of diffrent plugs so look around and you will be able so come up with somthing that will work for sure there. Its nice, i bought an atari about a year ago that had no power adapter so I went to radioshack and bought one with the correct voltage then found the correct connector for it and it has worked fine.

Ok, thanks.

Also, if I buy a Gp32 from PlayAsia or LikSang, will it be in English or Korean? I'm still a huge newbie. :) Gotta go start reading FAQs.

I bought one from lik-sang and the bios are english. To be honest even if they wern't I don't think it would be that big of a deal. The bios are fairly easy to navigate so either way you should be fine.

I'm also thinking of buying the Frontlit GP32 but I'm not sure what kind of rechargeable batteries to get. What kind of length of use will rechargeables give? I saw this one for a good price but I don't know if they will last long. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Shaq365

I think battery life mostly depends on what you're doing.. GPEngine and snes9x run at 133mhz so I get 1-3 hours, GPVGB seems to last a little longer, and i dont really play much C64 cos WizBall doesnt work :( Im using 1800mah NiMH rechargables.. theres a thread in the off topic forum with (a little) more information.

Wizball does work, you just need the right disk/tape image. There was a thread on here that linked to the site, unfortunately I don't remember exactly which one.

I tried one from c64unlimited.. worked in frodo on my PC, but there was another site posted here too.. german i think? I'll check it out anyways, Thanks!! :D :D

Back