Problem Upgrading To Firmware 2.0

project86

I was flashing to 2.0 from 1.01. I had some fresh batteries that I just charged yesterday, Energizer 2200's. I did use the GP2x a bit, maybe 30min or so. Then I went to upgrade my firmware today.

I got past the initial "upgrading" screen, and then it started getting all "fuzzy". The screen almost starts looking like a scrambled cable channel. I figure that is a sure sign of low batteries right? It's not bricked, because everytime I turn it on, it will show the GP2X screen with firmware 2 on the bottom, and play the sound, then it gets all wierd after that.

I'm 99% sure this is just a battery issue, but I'm here at work without a charger/replacement. And my AC adapter is still in the mail from playasia. Just wanted to confirm this does sound like a battery thing...

I was flashing to 2.0 from 1.01. I had some fresh batteries that I just charged yesterday, Energizer 2200's. I did use the GP2x a bit, maybe 30min or so. Then I went to upgrade my firmware today.

I got past the initial "upgrading" screen, and then it started getting all "fuzzy". The screen almost starts looking like a scrambled cable channel. I figure that is a sure sign of low batteries right? It's not bricked, because everytime I turn it on, it will show the GP2X screen with firmware 2 on the bottom, and play the sound, then it gets all wierd after that.

I'm 99% sure this is just a battery issue, but I'm here at work without a charger/replacement. And my AC adapter is still in the mail from playasia. Just wanted to confirm this does sound like a battery thing...
Yes. It is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back