Problem With Fungp Money

zero

Still Fresh
Hi,

I ordered my Caanoo and a "Classic arcade games" 20.000G card on Play-asia a few weeks ago,
and I really like this device a lot. NeogeoCD emulation and Picodrive are absolutely amazing !
But yesterday, I decided it was time to use my virtual money, and get some games at FunGP.
I already manage to download some free games, which means that my computer and my Caanoo
are working fine, but when I tried to enter the PIN numbers on my card, it says:
"No GP Pin Number. The following PIN is not enabled"
I think I tried everything, but nothing worked. Did anything like this happened to you ?

you must enter the code you got in 'charge' menu (next to your current amount of GP)

glezmen said:
you must enter the code you got in 'charge' menu (next to your current amount of GP)

That's what I did of course, I put the code in, and when I click on "enter" it tells me that my PIN is not enabled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I contacted Play-asia, and they told me that my order was the Korean version, and that I might need a Korean account to use it. I never heard about needing a korean account before, and it wasn't written on their site.
Since I can't speak nor read korean, I'm basically screwed... :(
They also said that I should contact funGP customer service. I tried, but everytime I try to send my message, there's a bug, and the browser just refresh, erasing what I wrote...
I also found that in Home > Customer Center > Notice:
"Please note that every game card sold in Korea is only available at www.fungp.co.kr.
Those cards cannot be registered at www.fungp.com.
Thank you"

I suppose I can say good bye to my 20.000G...

You could write to him: tonyhan(at)gp2x.com

I bought 10000 G from Play-Asia at beginning of September, and I hadn't this problem. Perhaps, GPH changed something :rolleyes:

I brought the 20000 from Play Asia and had no problem either, can you give us the link of the Play Asia page, from where you ordered?

CKeichel said:
I brought the 20000 from Play Asia and had no problem either, can you give us the link of the Play Asia page, from where you ordered?

Sure, here is the link:

http://www.play-asia.com/GP2X_Caanoo_Classic_Arcade_Games_Download_Card_20000G/paOS-13-71-d1-49-en-70-3xuu.html

CKeichel said:
Ok, then I brought a different product, I brought

http://www.play-asia.com/GP2X_FunGP_GMoney_20000G/paOS-13-71-d1-49-en-70-3xut.html

This money as a digital product, you don't receive any physical card, only a code in your orders page. I remember, that people had problems when they tried to use the card from the game package, I think it's the same as yours.

So it seems...

I tried to explain my problem to Play-asia, but they won't help me. They just told me I should send a fax or call GPH, which would cost me a lot of money, and would certainly not solve my problem.
I've been using Play-asia for a few years now, and I never had to complain before, but I'm very disappointed this time.

Just remember you might have the same problem as me if you order the card version of the FunGP money. You should rather buy the digital version.
I hope my misadventure will help other people not to do the same mistake :(

Neo Zero said:
CKeichel said:
Ok, then I brought a different product, I brought

http://www.play-asia.com/GP2X_FunGP_GMoney_20000G/paOS-13-71-d1-49-en-70-3xut.html

This money as a digital product, you don't receive any physical card, only a code in your orders page. I remember, that people had problems when they tried to use the card from the game package, I think it's the same as yours.

So it seems...

I tried to explain my problem to Play-asia, but they won't help me. They just told me I should send a fax or call GPH, which would cost me a lot of money, and would certainly not solve my problem.
I've been using Play-asia for a few years now, and I never had to complain before, but I'm very disappointed this time.

Just remember you might have the same problem as me if you order the card version of the FunGP money. You should rather buy the digital version.
I hope my misadventure will help other people not to do the same mistake :(

They seem to be aware of the problem, on september 28th, they posted on fungp.com

Please note that every game card sold in Korea is only available at www.fungp.co.kr.

Those cards cannot be registered at www.fungp.com.

Thank you[/quote[

Maybe, you should try the 1:1 customer service, they don't were very helpful for me in the past, but maybe it would be possible, to give you a non korean registration code.

leave it to play-asia to piss people off... those guys are rude.

One time i ordered a single cable for my PS2 a few years back, i remember it taking them over a month to get me 1 single cable, and the shipping was over 7 dollars!! More then the cable was even worth! I tried to complain a little but they didnt really care. Now i only order from play-asia if its my last resort.

Back