Problem With My 4gb Sdhc Card

som99

Still Fresh
Website
www.som99.tk
Hello I have a 4GB sdhc card and it have just woorked fine with he sdhc support fix, untill now well i had formated the card to put new files on it and when i tranfered files my computer died at about 50% and now when i try to format it in windows it finnished but at the end it says couldent format the card and well i tryed formating under dos with format H: with my card reader but at 100% when its done it says the followinf (translated from swedish) The disk is unusable. Either is the media faulty or the "0" is damaged, well if i put files on the card now it puts them there but when i remove and insert the card again the files are gone and the corupt copied files is only there the thing is that i can delete all folders and file son the card besides a folder named roms in my gba emulator my windows xp and vista tells me that the folder isent empty and when i enter the folder its completly empty and yes i have both show hidden windows system files on and show hidden files. So I cant delete or add files cuz when i enter the card agani its like original and those files work on the gp2x (besides the gba emulator) so how do i solve this so i can format the card and put new files on? And no I don't have the copy protection set on looked on the card.

//som99

What about destroying and then recreating the partition on the card? I think you can do that from the windows control panel (Disk Management). Then format it again.

Scan the card for error`s with "chkdsk H: /f", At a Cmd prompt. Click "Start button", Then "Run...", Then type "Cmd" and press "Return".

Or right click the cards icon in "My Computer" and select properties, Click the "Tools" tab and click the "Check Now" button under "Error-checking", Normally the top option. Then put a tick in both of the boxes of the dialogue that appears and click "Start".

Worth a try, Else your card could be knackered.

Trooper

Well when trying to normaly do a scandisk by right clicking on the H: then it stops when i start and says that it coulden't be completed but if I dont tick the box at the button then it woorks and it removes the strange non woorking rom folder and makes a hidden foulder with lots of chk files in and i can scan full scan after that, but then when plugging in teh card again everything was like before :( after the scandisk with not the bottom one ticked in then I can format the disk and it appears to be empty and i can put files on the card and if i click on them from teh computer the files are launched like movies and mp3s and etc but then i remove the card and put it in the computer again its like before with the strange things :( Isent there a freeware program that is avalible to download on the nes that scans and fix sd cards or is there a good patition maker and formater that woorks on sd cards?

How can a sdhc card break just from power failure on the computer while copying files?

edit: when trying to chkdsk H: /f the comand promt says following "Cannot open volume for direct access." :(
//som99

Back