Problem with Rayman on PSX emulator (Split from other thread)

mrhappy

Still Fresh
I'm in a bit of a pickle here guys, albeit a pickle unrelated to this thread's original topic.

I've managed to somewhat successfully install a psx emulator, and I've tried playing Rayman on it. Everything seemed to be working fine until I reached the end of the first level, at which point the game froze, and the emulator crashed and closed. Does anyone know why this might be occuring? A problem with the file location perhaps?

I expect this is the wrong place for this kind of query, feel free to move it as you see fit. Thank you in advance for any assistance you are willing to provide.

Please could you provide some more information?

Which PSX emulator were you using, and what version of it, for example? The reason I ask this is because there are two PSX emulators for the Pandora. One of them (psx4pandora) hasn't been updated in an age to the best of my knowledge, and there may be outdated copies of the one that is actively maintained (PCSX-ReARMed) floating around still, so this information would help a lot.

Additionally, what format did you rip your game CD in? This can make a difference, too. For best results when trying to rule out other issues, bin/cue is the best route to take.

Also, are you using the original BIOS, or the emulator's in-built HLE (High Level Emulation) mode? The latter can have some issues.

(By the way, I've split this into its own thread, as I think that your request for assistance will be more visible this way. :p )

Last edited by a moderator:
Back