Problems With New Xvid Codecs!!!!!

hercule18

Hi,

I have some naruto video from anbu team, since the episode 81 (i think) they use the last xvid codecs.(1.01) <_<
The problem that i have it's when i used Joygp xvid codecs to re-encode for the GP32 it's choppy :angry: , and when i re-encode with the last xvid codecs the GP32 reboot. :(
The only way i found to re-encode them is first use no compression then re-encode with joygp codecs, but it's long. :blink:

So:

-Do you know how to make the last xvid codecs works
or
-How to re-encode correctly with the joygp ones.

Bye

Herc. :ph34r:

You have to use keopi's build of xvid, you can find it on the entware site.

As i told you when i use them to re-encode a movie encoded with new xvid the video is choppy or i have to re-encode without compression then re-encode with
keopi's build and it's longer :angry:

bye

sam fisher posted on Aug 6 2004 at 01:22 PM said:
He is saying that he needs a xvid codec that is new and works in gpcinema. The orblem is two xvid codecs cannot co exist.
Yeah, that's why I use only divx 4.12 with GP32 :(

Last edited by a moderator:
The only way you can have two different versions of the same codec is to hack the registry. (AFAIK)

In regedit you would need to duplicate the values for xvid when scanning through and then repoint the second copy to a renamed codec, something like xvid2.ax

Ultimately this is a waste of time and could EASILY stuff your machine up. Go with Divx 4.12 and be happy :)

Dump the file from new xvid to raw. Then switch codecs and convert raw to old xvid

Can get gpxvid from www.gp32eu.com

Mth411

Dump the file from new xvid to raw. Then switch codecs and convert raw to old xvid

Mth411

That's i'm doing but it requires to install and uninstall codecs and i can't do a lot of
video since 22min in raw takes about 3.5go on hard drive.I have sent a mail to koepi , may be he will able to help me.

First of all thank u all!! then :

Mth411

That's i'm doing but it requires to install and uninstall codecs and i can't do a lot of
video since 22min in raw takes about 3.5go on hard drive.I have sent a mail to koepi , may be he will able to help me.And i did not find gpxvid :unsure:

In regedit you would need to duplicate the values for xvid when scanning through and then repoint the second copy to a renamed codec, something like xvid2.ax

there is a ot of xvid values in registry do you know which one i have to change.
(may be all?) :huh:

Go with Divx 4.12 and be happy

don't know why even if it's installed, 4.12 does not appear in my Vdub :blink:

Bye

Hi,

I find a way to fix divx 4.12 on my computer.

thank you for all

bye

Back