PSP custom to official firmware

CAZMIESTER

Anyone know how to put a custom firmware psp slim and lite back to official firmware running 5.50 gen d3

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah and if that doesn't work use hellcats recovery flasher.

Hold on, don't you mean 5.00 m33?

You should just be able to put the official firmware back on it from Sony's site. Search for the latest firmware (I think it's 6.60? yup, it's 6.60) and download it, it should be an eboot.pbp file, I believe. Put that into PSP/GAME/UPDATE/ and run the update.

Edit: A download to the official firmware on Sony's site: http://du01.psp.upda...6b395/EBOOT.PBP

Its always been a nono flashing from custom to official so im skeptical

990? Strange. Anyway, I looked around and it seems a way to do it is to do what IceBurn 3000 suggested and use Hellcat's Recovery Flasher to go back to 5.00 m33 first, then upgrade to the newer OFW. Come to think of it, I did have some problems putting new firmware from one CFW (might have been 5.50 GEN-something) and I fixed it by using a pandora battery to go back to 3.80 and then to the newer CFW.

That's likely one of the ways that the custom firmware prevents games which demand you install the latest firmware in order to play them from overwriting your custom firmware - and the reason that the update fails.

D.

Could be, though I don't remember any of the other CFWs doing that, and it seems a bit extreme since the OFW always asks you to confirm before installing.

The 990 issue is due to a file saved on one of the hidden system partitions of the PSP. You can change it in notepad if you know where it is, and I've had to overcome this issue when updating and rehacking my PSP.

I can't remember where the blasted file is, though.

Fortunately the issue is so common that there are guides to help:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ffITSVWjV8U?feature=oembed

Custom to Official has usually always worked; ie: you'd stick in a UMD (say) and blam, abck to original; it was often a problem to stay Custom if you actually buy games..

.. but yeah, some updaters that do file by file update and not a hard reflash will blow up on certain conditions; make a pandora battery and reflash :)

jeff

I keep a pandora and custom 3.71 around, can't be bothered to update; but reflash, then update to a later cfw is easy enough to do..

Back