PSP Remasters coming to PS3

GiraffeeDreams

Always Dreaming
I like Sony, that's why I have a PS3 and an old battered PSP1000 with a load of games downloaded from the store, and now Sony are bringing PSP games in HD with all the bells and whistles including online and DLC to the PS3!

At first I thought it'd just be a download affair but nope, according to EuroGamer they are coming out on BluRay, which I feel is a bit overkill.

It's only been confirmed for Japan at the moment and only one game which is Monster Hunter 3rd, but save games can be transfered back and forth and I read somewhere that trophy support would be added PS3 side.

Perhaps this is a hint at the NGP/Vita (whatever they call it) and it being cross compatible, what games would you like to see Remastered? Personally I want MGS Peace Walker so I can play co-op with a mate, and Prinny: Can I really be the hero (I adored that game for giving two fingers to todays society and being HARD! I also have a tattoo of Action Prinny :D ).

They can remaster all the PSP games they want I won't buy it.

I already own them on PSP, a pocketable format, I don't care about "HD graphics" and I don't want to pay for the same game twice.

(EDIT: oh, and I don't care about trophies, I always though that it was just a "my e-peen is bigger than yours" thing.)

I just feel like they're doing that to make quick cash without lot of sweat because the PSN debacle made a large hole in a budget already in deficit.

Last edited by a moderator:
My bad about the trophies, just what I'd read somewhere, or at least I thought I had, I don't care for trophies or achievements, I know that they are adding them to the NGP though.

I suppose the purpose of the remastered games is to get the PSP games to people who don't have a PSP, there's a handful of games I'd like for it but it's mainly so I could play say, Manhunt 2 or MGS Peace Walker with a mate (he's a metal gear nut).

I'm surprised they never did it sooner, since the Minis were cross compatible (although when they did the NeoGeo stuff you had to buy either the PSP or PS3 version....

I get that impression, it is supposed to be able to play standard PSP games via download so maybe they'll just stick with that, certainly save making them a third time.

Back