Purchasing from Entware

BenRoshi

I was checking out Entware's site (http://joygp.entware.com/), and I noticed their game prices are much cheaper then from a place like lik sang or play asia. Is there a reason for this? Is there something special about buying a game from there?

From entware, you're buying a download of the game. It's still the exact same game, but it doesn't have its own smartmedia card or printed manual or the occasional omake

Hm... downloading it, interesting. I can see the pros, such as no shipping time and the cheaper price, can you back the game up in case you accidently delete it (though I doubt there is a way to stop you, there might be...). I don't like the idea of not actually havin ghte game on its own cart, but its like 20 bucks cheaper which is really nice heh!

BenRoshi posted on Dec 12 2003 at 09:50 PM said:
(though I doubt there is a way to stop you, there might be...)
You could make 1,000,000 copies of the file you download... Nothing to stop you. The only thing is that it's encrypted to only work on one GP32 (yours) so giving it to someone else wouldn't work (unless you hacked it, which isn't legal ;) )

Last edited by a moderator:
And you can't accidently delete it as it is always stored online for you!

Only for GP Cinema. Games like Tomak or Pinball Dreams can only be downloaded for 5 days after the first download (But there's no limit on how long you can play it on your gp32 or store/copy the .zpk). I simply have backups of all of my .zpks on my hard drive and (LOCAL) server, as well as the files and paths they take up once installed for quick Smartmedia maintanance using my SMC reader rather than PCLink

Back