Pyra Bluetooth

slimeycat

I must admit one of my disappointments was that the bluetooth audio on my Pandora is not working.  I'm hoping this is not missed from the Pyra.  It just makes it nicer to use the system on a packed subway train ..

Last edited by a moderator:
Bluetooth audio works on the Pandora, it's just not really easy. It's a pure software problem which should take care of itself if Pulseaudio is chosen as the audio layer. It can also be done with Alsa but it's not as straightforward.

If you want to get it working there's mostly complete instructions here and here.

It's not clear to me if bluetooth works for all audio.  I mostly play games on my Pandora.  I'll keep researching it. 

Thanks for the pointers.

Bluetooth audio works great for me, but only with certain programs that are compatible. For example, deadbeef works great for music and podcasts, but drastic will crash when bluetooth output is turned on.

I only ever tried it with MPlayer, and if I tried to pause, fast forward, or rewind, ALSA would freeze or crash.

Using straight up Debian on the Pyra it will be a bit easier to handle bluetooth, outside pulseaudio which was mentioned, but a more modern bluetooth manager will help too.

Back