"Q" key not working :(

Fabio Prevedelli

Still Fresh
Greetings!

Finally received my OpenPandora yesterday after more than 2 years waiting!

Very eager to try it out i discovered, immediately while trying to put a password that the Q(esc) keyboard if pressed does nothing, the same happens on XFCE.

Now is there anyway i can try to fix it myself without having to send it back? :-(

Any help is really appreciated!

Thanks!

Fabio

It could be that the keymat has no carbon on it. You could put some on and it will fix it. If it's the PCB then there is nothing that can be done.

The chances are it's the keymat.

Lets hope for it.

Ok now dumb question.. consider i'm completely new for this sort of thing on a small device (pretty good at assembling pc though)

I guess i need to open it up, is there a guide/video showing exactly which are all the steps required for it before i screw up it even worst?

Thank u again for the quick support!

5 screws, 4 under battery, 1 between shoulder, buttons. Be careful removing and replacing power button slide. LCD cable, volume wheel, and speaker cable are delicate too.

Just got to try out my Pandora yesterday, and the same thing, except my zero "0" button does notwork. I opened up the case, and sure enough, the corresponding rubber keymat looks very different. Craigx, how does one put carbon on the little rubber bump. Surely not just rubbing pencil on it?

Pencil should b fine. I'm sure on other occasions Craigix suggested adding carbon, that others raised pencil and no one was shot down for the suggestion.

Well, I opened up the Pandora again, and rubbed pencil on the underside of the button that does not work. It not have any effect. Does anybody have recommendations? It will be a really difficult time not being able to use the Zero button - actually it already is...

I'd try stealing a carbon pad out of an old game controller or remote control. If you don't have one, head to a thrift store.

(Note: I've never looked inside my Pandora, I'm assuming the keymat uses those little carbon discs.)

Thank you both, Gruso and EvilDragon. I'll see if I can find some spray graphite, and if not, go find a used gamepad.

BTW, the insides of the Pandora are a beauty to behold.

When you get it working, get Oricutron and this ROM, just so you can .. you know .. get over the experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went with removing the conductive pad from an old game controller. just didn't feel comfortable removing the whole key pad.

works very well now: 000000000000000000000000000

i had to really shave down the replacement pad. it had to be about .25mm thick at the most.

If anybody else has this issue, it was pretty easy to fix.

Back