Quake Help Needed

NEgO MANIAC

Still Fresh
I installed Quake for the Caanoo and all I get is "loading," then it goes back to the main Caanoo screen. Any thoughts?

do you have the 2 pak files in id1 floder if not download the shareware version from quake

I upgraded to the newest version and the game starts and gets the to main screen. When I go to load a new game, it freezes but I can still hear sounds, but it is the sounds of the Caanoo menu. Then I have to hard reset. I have pak 0/1 and the game ran great with the previous version.

NEgO MANIAC said:
I can get it to load now, but now the game freezes when I start a new game.
Does anyone have an idea to fix this?

Last edited by a moderator:
NEgO MANIAC said:
NEgO MANIAC said:

There are 2 glquake releases, one by myself. There is the second which is by Rikku which adds features to the port I started. My release should be on the archive server, give it a try and see if it works.

Your not alone dude, mine freezes after i die or when you complete the level.

Pickle said:
NEgO MANIAC said:
NEgO MANIAC said:

There are 2 glquake releases, one by myself. There is the second which is by Rikku which adds features to the port I started. My release should be on the archive server, give it a try and see if it works.
I could not find the earlier Quake. Do you have a link?

NEgO MANIAC said:
Pickle said:
NEgO MANIAC said:
NEgO MANIAC said:

I could not find the earlier Quake. Do you have a link?
http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/caanoo.cgi?0,0,0,0,20,486
This?

Actually the version 8 of Rikku's quake release works quite well, too, that is, if you can find it.
I don't quite understand why Rikku would release a new version of it, knowing it doesn't even work. What's the point? Why not at least let people download the previous version, which by the way, worked just fine for the most part.

CloverGruff said:
http://dl.openhandhe...?0,0,0,0,20,486
This?

Actually the version 8 of Rikku's quake release works quite well, too, that is, if you can find it.
I don't quite understand why Rikku would release a new version of it, knowing it doesn't even work. What's the point? Why not at least let people download the previous version, which by the way, worked just fine for the most part.

That is the one i was refering to, and I was thinking the same thing about the latest Rikku version. Clearly something changed with the most recent version that kills it.

Since the current version is messed up, can someone make the older version available for download?

Back