Question: 4g antenna

logenkain

Still Fresh
I remember reading about the 4g antenna becoming a possibility a while back, but now I can't find any information on it.

Will the Pyra be able to connect to the T-Mobile network in the United States?  I have no idea what bands are going to be supported.  I'm sure this information is somewhere, links appreciated!!

I'm mostly interested if I'll be able to use it as a phone (with bluetooth ear piece) on the T-mobile network.  The last two phones I bought (ZTE open, and Firefox Flame) have both come from Europe, so here's hoping.

4G antenna isn't really a possibility by now, it's a fact. ED said he will include a 4G/LTE antenna on the Pyra, so it should be included.
Not really sure about US, though. He also said he is still communicating with these companies. Also, using it as a phone completely depends on the community. They will probably find a way to do it, look at the miracles on the Pandora ;)

I can't find remember which post it was but EvilDragon said you'd be able to select between the EU and the NA module at order time.  The NA module supports the T-mobile bands, so it *should* work.
This here is the module to be included.

Someone lucky cross their fingers that I can get the PLS8-US on the prototype.

Keep in mind that it will likely start with nearly no software support - and I am no expert.  But, I should be able to drop in an AT&T (GSM) SIM and supply some AT commands and make it respond in some way.

Keep in mind that it will likely start with nearly no software support - and I am no expert.  But, I should be able to drop in an AT&T (GSM) SIM and supply some AT commands and make it respond in some way.

Oh yes, keep us appraised of your activities with your prototype. This forum is gonna enliven once these get out in the wild.
Can't wait to see the first prototypes.

I probably have the wrong kind of luck to be of any use with this, but I also want this to happen.  Maybe ED will do that for us (if he sees our comments) so that stuff can be tested if anyone works on it with the prototypes.

Someone lucky cross their fingers that I can get the PLS8-US on the prototype.Keep in mind that it will likely start with nearly no software support - and I am no expert.  But, I should be able to drop in an AT&T (GSM) SIM and supply some AT commands and make it respond in some way.

Oh yes, keep us appraised of your activities with your prototype. This forum is gonna enliven once these get out in the wild.
Can't wait to see the first prototypes.
When/if I get mine I'll throw a party and cook a burger for anyone who shows up to see the prototype.  Of course, I live in Nebraska - the travel time and expense to get here will cut down significantly on the number of patties I have to throw on the grill.

The, "if," in the above sentence is based on the fact that I'm last in line on the prototypes.  With 10 reserved for devs and 8 for purchase, I'm #18 of likely (20 or so?) attempts.  If they don't have enough successful board builds on the prototype phase, I'm the first one to fall off the list.

I wouldn't count on all of the prototype buyers being as chatty as me.  With 10 devs and 8 'wildcards', though, I'm sure I won't be chatting in a vacuum.

Someone lucky cross their fingers that I can get the PLS8-US on the prototype.Keep in mind that it will likely start with nearly no software support - and I am no expert.  But, I should be able to drop in an AT&T (GSM) SIM and supply some AT commands and make it respond in some way.

I probably have the wrong kind of luck to be of any use with this, but I also want this to happen.  Maybe ED will do that for us (if he sees our comments) so that stuff can be tested if anyone works on it with the prototypes.
I haven't heard anything back from ED yet - which is expected at this early stage.  If he can get the PLS8-US module, though, it would make a lot of sense to put it in mine.   :)

He did say he can get them individually.  Hopefully there is still time for it to ship before the prototype run.

I may not be able to make it in person, but pics or a video will be good enough, otherwise I would want to play with it.  You can eat the burger for me.  Grilling in Nebraska in winter?  I do it here, but I am a bit further south.  Don't slip on ice or drop the Pyra in the snow, if you get winter weather where you live.

Back