Question About Neogeo Emualtor...

tgg

Whas the defualt cpu speed the neogeo emu runs? When i load it up it says 200 at the bottom but theres some config file that has a couple of lines and it says 266mhz.

Also while here what are some command lines i should do in the file to make the emulator run the fastest?

also which file do you edit looks like theres 2 files one in the root and other in a folder.

Use Rage2x instead. It's way easier than screwing around with that other stuff.

I generally run Gngeo at 250MHz, and it works fine for me.

--Zero

Yup, 250 is a good speed. My first GP2X could only max at this speed without crashing. Now at 266, it is even better. You wouldn't think such a small increase would reflect such great results, but it does. You can find what your GP2X is capable of by simply trial and error. If it crashes (locks up), it's a sure sign that your unit can't go that high :) Keep trying different rates till you find your "stable/max zone"

zektor posted on Jul 6 2006 at 09:44 PM said:
Yup, 250 is a good speed. My first GP2X could only max at this speed without crashing. Now at 266, it is even better. You wouldn't think such a small increase would reflect such great results, but it does. You can find what your GP2X is capable of by simply trial and error. If it crashes (locks up), it's a sure sign that your unit can't go that high :) Keep trying different rates till you find your "stable/max zone"

It also differs on the program too. Just keep that in mind if you can't overclock to 266 in Gngeo2x, you might be able to do it in say, some games in MAME, or SquidgeSNES

Last edited by a moderator:
Shikaku posted on Jul 6 2006 at 06:56 PM said:
zektor posted on Jul 6 2006 at 09:44 PM said:

It also differs on the program too. Just keep that in mind if you can't overclock to 266 in Gngeo2x, you might be able to do it in say, some games in MAME, or SquidgeSNES

cool thax for the replies still wanted to know whats the default speed that neogeo runs?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back