question about openpandora's board

snusmu

Still Fresh
hello,

i had an accident while fixing lcd cable

as a result pandora 1ghz fell down on the floor and one small chip went off the board.

the chip in question is one which has characters C 223D on it

its white chip one on the very right

Board_rev5.jpg

so question i have is what is this chip responsible for? could anyone tell?

any advice on how to replace it? is it even worth to try to dyi or is it even possible to fix it?

id be extremely grateful for any reply.

thanks..

It's an inductor, and a pretty common fault after a fall (even if dropped fully assembled, it seems).  If it came off without taking the pads off the board with it, it can simply be soldered back on, and preferably with an additional spot of glue to keep it held on it future.

If it took the pads off, the repair is a bit more involved, and I can't really help you with that.

thank you Levi! im happy to know its not all over and i enjoy some diy research

this response also came in this morning:

that part is responsible for powering the backlight of the LCD.If it's missing, you can see only a faint picture (if you hold the LCD in the right angle), as no backlight is there.It's a cheap standard part (a coil), you should be able to get one from any electronic parts store, but if you don't have any soldering experiences, I can do it for you.Or maybe you have a repair center for smartphones or similar somewhere, they might be able to solder it for you as well.

once again, experiencing openpandora community and dragonbox support awesomeness. thanks guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back