Quick And Easy Question.

7zark7

I am pretty new to coding without visual studio to help me ... so am a total noob with gcc etc.

I have downloaded a toolchain for arm and got it compile hello.c.

Then I have downloaded the LibPnd from git and built it using make.

I then tried to compile one of the test apps discotest.c using the following ...

arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc -I /home/code/pandora-libraries/include -L /home/code/pandora-libraries/lib /home/code/pandora-libraries/test/discotest.c

And i get a very unhelpful ...

discotest.c:(.text+0x1e8): undefined reference to `pnd_conf_query_searchpath'
discotest.c:(.text+0x1fc): undefined reference to `pnd_conf_fetch_by_id'
discotest.c:(.text+0x21c): undefined reference to `pnd_conf_get_as_char'
discotest.c:(.text+0x244): undefined reference to `pnd_conf_get_as_char'....

i looked at the documentation for the LibPnd and didnt see anywhere obvious where these references would be , so any help would be appreciated.

You probably need a -lpnd (lowercase L, pnd) to make it link with the libpnd.so.

It's getting an undefined reference because the library that defines it isn't being linked properly.

discotest is automatically being built when you invoke make. Look for it in bin/.

Also, you can't link to libpnd.so (equivalent to pnd.dll in Windows) right now, because the Makefile produces invalid symlinks. But you'll automatically link to libpnd.a (equivalent to pnd.lib in Windows) using lulzfish's command anyways, so no problem. (Unless you care about static vs dynamic linking)

discotest is automatically being built when you invoke make. Look for it in bin/.

I know i was just trying to test if i could recompile it to make sure everything is where it was supposed to be :)

Back