Quick Question About 32gp

kenryuakuma

Still Fresh
when somebody introduces their gp32 with backlit, doesn't it mean that his or her gp32 is the exact BLU one? Or could it be FLU?

By the way, the lastest GPadvance supports GAMEBOY ADVANCE commercial games right?

if it is backlit, it's blu, flu is Frontlit. GPadvance supports very few commercial games, and without sound

when somebody introduces their gp32 with backlit, doesn't it mean that his or her gp32 is the exact BLU one? Or could it be FLU?

By the way, the lastest GPadvance supports GAMEBOY ADVANCE commercial games right?

If you are looking for GBA emulation, forget it. As for many other emulators like Genesis it is great.

If someone says their GP32 is backlit it could be a FLU as many people don't know the difference and are in error. I keep hearing people saying that their GBA-SPs are "backlit" and obviously that is wrong as they are all frontlit. You have to ask if it is specifically a BLU version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes Backlit is BLU and Frontlit is FLU.
However I would still double check with whoever you are buying it off that it is definitely a BLU as some people still get confused between the two.
---
The latest version of GPadvance does NOT support commercial GBA games and what it does support is pretty slow, without sound etc...
I think it might support 1 or 2 commercial games but it is mainly for "homebrew" games right now.
It is unlikely to be that good a GBA emulator into the future.

There was a time when if you came on here askin about snes or megadrive emulation you where told that it was never going to be playable so you never know.

perhaps in a year or so from now some decent shit will be workin :)

who knows?

possible, but it will be difficult
I think you are forgetting how unlikely it was that we could even get this far (at this speed), a while ago the emulation of the GBA which we have now was considered impossible.
Dynamic loading of the roms ("has been"/"may be" used to make bigger roms possible to run, but this slows it down even more).
Just because it has gotten this far does not mean that in a years time it will be 100% full speed with sound the GP32 only has so much power, every time the boundaries are pushed it becomes more difficult to push them even further.

Besides development on it seems very slow right now. :blink:

*** But then again if someone was to say devote a year of their life to make an ASM GBA emulator up right from scratch it would be possible - but this is so unlikely it is not even worth thinking about ***

Anyway there is a lot of difference between graphics heavy commercial games and homebrew games (which still run very slowly).

I am trying to get one from ebay as the seller said the one he sells is the new one and never used. He just left it home for 5 months. He didn't say anything except for the fact that Gp32 rare backlit. It costs like $150.

I know Gp32 doesn't support many GBA games esp. commercial and since there is one just released for BLU+, I just asked the question out of curiosity.

I am trying to get one from ebay as the seller said the one he sells is the new one and never used. He just left it home for 5 months. He didn't say anything except for the fact that Gp32 rare backlit. It costs like $150.

I know Gp32 doesn't support many GBA games esp. commercial and since there is one just released for BLU+, I just asked the question out of curiosity.
way too much money, go to www.lik-sang.com

as for ASM coding - well I believe they were talking about similar stuff over at the Z forum, I think it was skeezix who put it this way (regarding coding something in ASM) - to paraphrase, "say you know how to build a house out of bricks - well if you are coding in ASM, you have to assemble each brick from gravel!"

'nuff said, and uuuugh!! haha

That's not way too much money, its a ORIGINAL BLU, not BLU+, becuase its atleast 5 months old, and the BLU+ was released 2 months ago. Which is good.
And its never been used. My new-in-box 166-guaranteed ORIGINAL BLU was $200, $150 for one thats never been used, even if it only goes to 133mhz is a good deal.

I saw that one. It looks like a FLU because it has no light turned on in the pictures. If it was a real backlit it would be darker with the light off. You better make sure that the guy isn't confused.

hey, the one I am talking about has been sold at ebay, so I don't think there is any more left. Anyway, there is still one that is being bidded at this moment, the current price is up to $70 or something.....

saw that one. It looks like a FLU because it has no light turned on in the pictures. If it was a real backlit it would be darker with the light off. You better make sure that the guy isn't confused.

Thanks DaveC. Yes that would help me a lot esp as I am newbie, knowing nothing about GP32. So I think Ebay is the only place that sells GP32 in the US if I don't buy this from other foreign countries such as HK and UK.

That's not way too much money, its a ORIGINAL BLU, not BLU+, becuase its atleast 5 months old, and the BLU+ was released 2 months ago. Which is good.
And its never been used. My new-in-box 166-guaranteed ORIGINAL BLU was $200, $150 for one thats never been used, even if it only goes to 133mhz is a good deal.

Yes, I know if it has never been used and the seller sells it for $150, which is a good deal. But it is sold out.

Lik-sang has sold out all their Gp32 BLU together with play-asia except for those with front lit, which you have to register before using it.

I'm pretty sure GpAdvance does support some commercial Gba roms Playable or not

Yes, this is the one being bidded at Ebay right now. The one we just discussed has been already sold as there are two ways to get this item. The 1st is BIDDING and the 2nd is BUY IT NOW. I think people chose BUY IT NOW so that the auction ended.

It is very upset that you don't sell anymore GP32 Blu with 166mhz Jr2swiss. That'd be very good if you still do now. Since you live in CA, buying this GP32 will be much more convenient to most Americans.

Back