Quick Question About Warranty

stepp

I see theres a few problems such as the mono-stereo problem the screen prob and more importantly the joystick not being much good....my question is if i recieve my unit in say 10 days and there is problems with it, then GPH or whoever admitt that there is a fault with the joystick etc and firmware will not solve it, will they be replacing the units?

Also what is the warranty on these? I ordered mine on the 19th of this month so i hope ill get one of the next batch but who knows.

Cheers

Stepp

I see theres a few problems such as the mono-stereo problem the screen prob and more importantly the joystick not being much good....my question is if i recieve my unit in say 10 days and there is problems with it, then GPH or whoever admitt that there is a fault with the joystick etc and firmware will not solve it, will they be replacing the units?

Also what is the warranty on these? I ordered mine on the 19th of this month so i hope ill get one of the next batch but who knows.

Cheers

Stepp

you've got the standard protection under the consumer rights act (probably 3 months) but I think GBAX said a year. This doesn't apply to overseas stores though so check with them.

The joystick issue is something that's user fixable and the screen problems aren't as bad as they were made out to be (at least on my unit). The white on black contrast thing is an issue but not noticably when playing games and may (or may not) be fixable in the firmware

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool...ordered mine from GBAX. Just wanted to know if something is seriously screwed on it ill have no probs with returning for another.

Cheers

You should only be able to return it if theres physical hardware problems. Anything thats software fixable probably cant be returned because theres no problem with the actual units themselves.

in the uk the consumer rights acts says a product has to do the job it was advertised to do...

in other words, if the adverts claim the product supports XVID, but in fact it doesn't work at all, you could request a refund on that basis.

the fact it's an inported product, and the fact it may be fixed in the future is irrelevant if it doesn't work as advertised.

in the uk the consumer rights acts says a product has to do the job it was advertised to do...

in other words, if the adverts claim the product supports XVID, but in fact it doesn't work at all, you could request a refund on that basis.

the fact it's an inported product, and the fact it may be fixed in the future is irrelevant if it doesn't work as advertised.

Craigix (GBAX) has already stated in numberous posts that if anyone isnt happy with their product that he will happily return it for a refund. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back