Rapidracoon Need A Musician.

What kind of music are you looking for? I am working in Wipeout 1 music like.

ukko posted on Feb 24 2007 at 10:04 AM said:
Wipeout like is fine! and Tracker format
can I attempt making a space ship (I don't want pay)?
(I use maya)
also,
where can I learn to use a tracker that works on windows (I would love to make some music, although it would not be good enough for a commerial game.. :p )

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll give it a go, I can't promise anything, but I should imagine I'll have some time to make something. I tend to make electro in trackers and FL Studio, If I make anything good, I can send it if you like...

Dont want to sound the grouch here, but shouldnt you guys be asking how much you'll be paid, whether you'll get royalties from each game sold using your music, if it'll be a 1 off payment. You know, that type of thing typically asociated with paid work? ;)

On a lighter note, cant wait till this game comes out :D

Ukko if I was you I'd ask on a site/forum full of musicians, dunno of any tho.

purple_goat said:
ukko said:
(I use maya)
also,
where can I learn to use a tracker that works on windows (I would love to make some music, although it would not be good enough for a commerial game.. :p )

madtracker seems to be what everyone uses. it's definitely a good one.

The RapidRacoon site appears to have been deleted - hope that doesn't mean they've given up on it as it was looking impressive.

rokdcasbah said:
purple_goat said:
ukko said:
(I use maya)
also,

madtracker seems to be what everyone uses. it's definitely a good one.

I personally prefer Renoise, its really good and has a great interface :)

Goobers said:
I personally prefer Renoise, its really good and has a great interface :)
hmm..i will have to try this as i just recently bought a k49, alesis control pad and fast track usb for a musical i was providing music for (needed midi drums and keys). sucks that the free version is missing asio though.

i wonder if this game project is still alive.
their website and videos from youtube have disappeared.

multi said:
i wonder if this game project is still alive.
their website and videos from youtube have disappeared.
I was thinking the same thing, but if it had changed into vapourware they wouldn't have bothered to take all the videos down etc.
Looks to me like they are about ready to release a demo.. or the first version :)

The project is actualy stopped for the GP2x version. They are doing a commercial DS version and after this the GP2x version would return in developpement.

so...yet another game with an unnecessary top down map on the second screen i guess. and less pixels for the one screen with the action on it.

i was pretty excited for this but now i'm not going to hold my breath. it's already been over 5 months. if they're focusing on ds now that means it's going to be quite a bit longer, at which point they still will only be in the beginning stages of development. plenty of time for this (the gp2x port) to fade into the mists.

if i get around to it i`ll make some music up on skale tracker and send it to you although right now my hands are tied via 2 kids and a wife lol

Back