Really Cool Idea

0tr1p

Still Fresh
hi im new around here anyway, i just came up with a really cool idea for an n64 rom hack. i dunno if its possible cause i dont have any experience with console hacking but i was thinking there should be some kind of combo between the legend of zelda: ocarina of time and majoras mask : ). the landscape and everything would be o.o.t. except it will have a falling moon and you can get all the same items and fight the same enemies from m.m. as well. other than those elements and a completely warped storyline, i guess it should be the same as the original o.o.t. is there anyone out there with the smarts to do something like this? =p cause i think that would be really neat if something like this existed.

0tr1p posted on Feb 16 2007 at 10:17 AM said:
hi im new around here anyway, i just came up with a really cool idea for an n64 rom hack. i dunno if its possible cause i dont have any experience with console hacking but i was thinking there should be some kind of combo between the legend of zelda: ocarina of time and majoras mask : ). the landscape and everything would be o.o.t. except it will have a falling moon and you can get all the same items and fight the same enemies from m.m. as well. other than those elements and a completely warped storyline, i guess it should be the same as the original o.o.t. is there anyone out there with the smarts to do something like this? =p cause i think that would be really neat if something like this existed.

This forum is really just intended for ideas that will be implemented on the GP2X. You might want to look around for an online Nintendo ROM hacking group. :)

Edit: Welcome to the GP2X Forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
mate, what you are saying is basically impossible though. it would be way too much work. considering that it would even be an aweful lot of efford to do something like that even if one had the source code for the games, it is practically not doable as the roms would have to be edited in machine language as I would assume. translating a snes rom or even n64 rom is one thing as you will only have to change the strings in the code but still you need to invest a large amount of time, modifying level sets in a snes rom is possible as one can change the mapdata in hex (i would assume that is how it is done), but an n64 is not as simple as that. we are talking polygons and 3d data here! also it is not just as easily done as just merging two different games into one (as you probably know).

Back