Realtek 8188Ce-Vau 8188Cus 8188Ru 8192Cu

a wicky wicky? said:
okay i know absolutley nothing about any of this stuff, but i would like to have wifi on my caanoo, so i can try and figure this out. starting from the begining, what do i do with the downloaded and unzipped file. do i just take the contents of the bin file and put it in the apps section of my caanoo, or do i do something with the src folder?
a wicky wicky? said:
okay i know absolutley nothing about any of this stuff, but i would like to have wifi on my caanoo, so i can try and figure this out. starting from the begining, what do i do with the downloaded and unzipped file. do i just take the contents of the bin file and put it in the apps section of my caanoo, or do i do something with the src folder?

i am also a little fogy about how to use teh forrumz so i apologizze if i get the reply thigy wrong.
a wicky wicky? said:
and what would i do if i had wpa-psk
  • Copy the contents of the bin directory to the apps directory on your SD card
  • Edit the file wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf and replace its content with this (don't forget to change the ssid and psk below):
    Code:
    network={
        ssid="ENTER_YOUR_SSID_HERE"
        scan_ssid=1
        psk="ENTER_YOUR_PASSWORD_HERE"
    }
  • If you're running firmware version 1.6.1, you might need to edit the file /mnt/ubifs/usr/gp2x/common.ini (located on the flash drive of your CAANOO) and add the following two lines to the end of the file:
    Code:
    [usbhost]
    enable = 1
    To edit that file you'll probably need to establish a telnet connection using the stock USB cable. For that read this topic.

PS: This package only works with wifi dongles that use the Realtek chipsets 8188Ce-Vau, 8188Cus, 8188Ru or 8192Cu.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks!!!! tottaly got it working now. my caanoo wont actually recognizze that it has wifi connection but the browser works just fine! woohoo! i had to toy around with the config after reading the past posts but i got it!

Back