Refresh Rate Of The Lcd

Phawx

Professional Derailer
I tried searching and I only saw someone mentioning MAME running at 60hz. So is the LCD an 8ms panel? Or is it a little better like 5ms or 2ms.

I know that their is no standard for checking refresh rate and some manufactures even do GTG for a refresh rate.

But I was playing PSP and the ghosting is so horrendous that I just have to stop playing. Probably why I liked God of War so much for the PSP. The contrasting colors in GoW is so minimal. Brown to black, black to gray, sand to tan buildings. They really did a good job minimizing. But Ratchet and Clank is very colorful and has LOTS of contrasting colors going on and it's very easy to see the trail of colors from the LCD switching to different colors.

Sorry for the run on sentence, but does anyone know what the refresh rate is on the Panda's LCD? I don't know where I once found the app, but I only used it on WinXP/x86. Basically the app was a black screen and a white 3d ball. And when you run the demo the ball would do figure eights to give you the worst case scenario for ghosting on LCDs.

Don't know if anyone could create a quick demo of this and see or if it would be even worth it. Just ranting here because my PSP-1000's screen is downright annoying to look at. And I know lots of people have said the Archos wifi device thingy has the same LCD and have attested to it's awesomeness...it's just maybe the videos they saw on the Archos didn't exaggerate the screens transition of pixels.

Going to bed. Nite all.

wow, you must have something defective. mine has kinda of a frame blur intermix because the refreshrate is low, which I only notice in Gundam OMNI vs ZAFT

Anyway, I hope the LCD will have a good rate

I've noticed the problem on 3 seperate PSP phats. Perhaps I am concentrating on it too much, but I find it very easy to see.

I doubt that the response time is anywhere near 2 or 5ms. I'm trying to find a whitesheet on it.

It uses the same one as the archos 605, and I've heard only postive things about it. Check out the high quality vids EvilDragon has recorded on the official pandora blog, and even reviews on the archos 605. It's defenitely going to better then the phat psp's.

The 605's screen is amazing, but in the 605 it plays 30fps (mostly 24) videos. You can't tell much about what gaming is going to be like.

Well if its a TRUE 8ms panel. Meaning Black to Black, than that's fine. But the problem is that no manufacturer has any set standard. Usually I see 2ms Green to Green and those LCDs that I have tested on don't bother me as much, if at all.

Thanks for the Links, Exophase and Chip. I honestly don't know how I didn't stumble on those with the searches I made. It must have been late.

Thanks again guys. 30ms Black to Black is decent. Also MWeston used a similar demo I was talking about and noted not seeing any ghosting. So thumbs up!

This is a great forum.

Back