Registering Online

Flack

Lik-Sang says my GP32 will be here tomorrow, and I'm excited. Woo woo, go me!

My question is, I've seen several people mention that you can download things (ie: the Free Launcher) from GP32.com if you register with them, OR you can go to the IRC channel and do something to get it that way.

My question is, is one way better than the other? I'm not really sure why I'm registering it with them in the first place?? If I do the IRC method, am I "cheating the system" somehow, and maybe depriving myself of upgrades/support in the future? Also, am I making it where other software possibly won't work with my GP32?

I'm a little hazy on the whole registering online thing. If someone could set me straight it would be great.

Flack
Well, I AM straight, but ... er, uh, you know what I mean!

I think the registration for the free launcher is a piracy thing, but it could just be there for number crunching.

Still I registared and it was fine so when your gp32 gets to you remember to get online a registar it.

Cos I think it sets your username and IP address?

not sure really

:D

Wouldnt have thought it would fix an IP address, otherwise everyone on a dynamic IP (e.g. 99% of all dial-uppers) would be stuffed.

My registration went through perfectly this morning. It's worth following the instructions on gp32emu.com in the guides section though - they're really helpful.

Back