Removing Gnome-Games

By the way, according to DJWillis it is highly not recommended to run "opkg upgrade".

A quick course in case you didn't know: .mozilla (and any file starting with a dot) are "hidden". There's no actual hidden flag, as there is in Windows, it's just a convention for things like ls so they don't display them. The -h command doesn't mean "show hidden" as it does in Windows either, it means "human readable"; ie, show "1.5M" instead of "1673234".
-a means show all, and is the only way for ls to display "hidden" files like that.

Regarding why the file is on the NAND and the SD card, if I recall correctly, ED made a quick PND of Fenec which just left home where it was, and then at some point updated it with a run script which put the home directory into the appdata folder. Did you perhaps run the first copy ED released and then update a few days later?

Pleng said:
Yup. And I can't find any information on who packaged up Firefox, it just appeared on the appstore this morning.

Could they possibly be symlinks to the directories in appdata? Either way they still should show up if I do an ls -a, right?

Wait, so you are saying that there is a Firefox PND now? (Other than Fennec?) And, oh yea, Stan, I didn't even notice that he did not use -a. I kindof just assumed he had. <.<

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
Duh of course it's -a that I'm supposed to be using! How very turd of me!

Yes, this is the full firefox from the appstore, found it there this morning. I have no idea who put it there. Going into the .mozilla directory and using a long list (ls -l, got that one correct at least!) I see that extensions, and firefox are both genuine directories and settings is a symlink to /mnt/utmp/firefox/settings.

with /mnt/utmp being the unioned loopback for the PND and appdata directory. Interesting. That's a pretty clever way of handling the home folder issue.

edit: at least, I'm pretty sure /mnt/utmp is where run_pnd sticks the union mount.

yea. looks like whoever packaged it up didn't quite get all the symlinks working properly.

Bit Offtopic

But can we hook the Pandora up via usb to a pc
to access Nand and SD

or are we gonna have to be moving alot of files around on the pandora itself

emcp said:
Bit Offtopic

But can we hook the Pandora up via usb to a pc
to access Nand and SD

not yet

however the Pandora includes a built-in sftp server so you can connect to it with Filezilla (didnt work for me, did for somebody else) or WinSCP (worked for me, didnt for somebody else!) and drag and drop files. Very useful.

ps dont worry about off topic. look how far we've deviated already! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back