Replacement Casing?

bigred-oz

Still Fresh
Just a quick intro - I am a newb' here. Due to being isolated in Perth, Australia I took the chance to buy a well-looked-after 2nd hand unit from an enthusiast I met here in Perth who had 2 Pandoras.

I am now starting to play with it and enjoy it - kudos to the guys who brought this project to reality - I have read much of the posts about all the hassles that have transpired in dealing with suppliers and manufacturers etc. Good on you for sticking with it!

As for my Pandora- my case is for sure not a perfect fit, and also a bit creaky in both use and opening. Further to this last night I noticed that some chips of plastic have been breaking away from one side of the top half, where the seam is between the hinges. I remember in my reading seeing an admin saying something about there was something wrong with the plastic mix on the early cases, but try as I might I can't seem to find the post/thread I read that info in again.

Long story short, since I am an experienced tech' and don't need to waste others time doing work for me that I am well capable of, can I in any way get hold of a replacement case of a better grade? Is there such a thing ? Will it cost me much, especially given my location ?

Thanks in advance for any advice/help/comments. And I am looking forward to partaking in this nice community. :)

Back