Replacing Mice Microswitches?

Muncher666

Hey Kids.

I know this seems a strange place to put this sorta thing out, but I'm lazy and can't be bothered joining a new forum. I've got a Mickeysoft Wireless Mouse + Keyboard combo that I'm surprisingly attached to (probably because I'm a cheapass) which has developed what appears to be a dud middle mouse button on the scrolly wheel. The switch under it in question appears to be dead, but has flashes of life before it dies again. I digress though - what I want to know is this - do any of you know where the hell I can find a replacement? The switch is a little different to the ones I'm used to in mice (presumably because it's a cordless jobby) and I'm having a hard time tracking down places that sell microswitches even close to what I'm looking for.

Please help, I need my fix. :)

Cheers,
Allan.

Muncher666 posted on Jul 24 2006 at 04:38 PM said:
Hey Kids.

I know this seems a strange place to put this sorta thing out, but I'm lazy and can't be bothered joining a new forum. I've got a Mickeysoft Wireless Mouse + Keyboard combo that I'm surprisingly attached to (probably because I'm a cheapass) which has developed what appears to be a dud middle mouse button on the scrolly wheel. The switch under it in question appears to be dead, but has flashes of life before it dies again. I digress though - what I want to know is this - do any of you know where the hell I can find a replacement? The switch is a little different to the ones I'm used to in mice (presumably because it's a cordless jobby) and I'm having a hard time tracking down places that sell microswitches even close to what I'm looking for.

Please help, I need my fix. :)

Cheers,
Allan.
Are you sure the microswitch is dead, might it not simple be a dry joint?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Mswitch might be worn off a bit, so the pressure from the mouse button might not be enough to trigger it. Try if it works when you open up the mouse and press in the microswitch with a pointy object. If that works, you might try to increase the pressure from the mouse button by applying some kind of material to the top of the Mswitch, so it gets pressed in deeper.
The GP32 stick also used microswitches and had a similar problem, which could be solved in the same way (i wrote a tutorial about it).

If you have to change the Mswitch, try to disarm anoter dead mouse.

EDIT: Microsoft

Back