Retrode 2 on pandora???

7ank0v1c

Still Fresh
Heya everyone,

Long story short... my retrode 2 arrived today and i cannot get it to work on my Open Pandora!!??!?!?!

Can anybody help???

I have enabled USB-Host but nothing?? Am I missing a key piece of the puzzle???

Kind Regards

Nicholas Jankovic

Last edited by a moderator:
I have tried using the command

sudo fdisk -l  

but all it finds it my memory cards?? also I have tried two different cables but still nothing??? However when i do press the reset button the light comes on which means it has power going to it??

Your help would be greatly appreciated =D

Kind Regard

Nicholas Jankovic

Yes I can confirm this for a fact that you need to hitch up a USB 2.0 hub for the Retrode 2 to work properly.

Also remember, when you plug a USB1 device into the Pandora's port it causes the port to crash. The system keeps working but the port will not be usable until you restart.

I have the Retrode 2 and Games and the Pandora here.

When i renember Right work the Retrode on the Pandora without extra USB Hub.

Moment i will try it again.......

Edit:....ok you will need a Hub on the big USB Port but surprising Information for all Retroders here:

I found out that the Retrode work with the little little Power from the OTG Port too.

When you want to put the Retrode directly onto the Pandora without Hub can you use a USB OTG Host Adapter

for the OTG Port.

Worked here ^_^

with such an Adapter:

hama-usb-adapterkabel-mini-b.jpg

I remember a video, where somewhone pluggt the Redrode and a Gamepad on the Pandora, to play SNES Games from the original Gamemodule whit a Emu on the Pandora on a TV..

I found out that the Retrode work with the little little Power from the OTG Port too.

When you want to put the Retrode directly onto the Pandora without Hub can you use a USB OTG Host Adapter

for the OTG Port.

Worked here ^_^
I'm gonna steal your Pandora and Retrode :) because my Pandora cannot even power up my Retrode on the OTG port (though it powers up some of my USB sticks that in the end don't work because they ask the host for 200mA).

I'm gonna steal your Pandora and Retrode :) because my Pandora cannot even power up my Retrode on the OTG port (though it powers up some of my USB sticks that in the end don't work because they ask the host for 200mA).
When i am @ Work is my Pandora @ Home.

Then its your Chance to get it,but be carefull because the Indiana Jones Traps ;)

Tip for getting little bit more Energy from USB OTG,still use a very short Cable.

A longer Cable need often a bit more Energy.

Dont forget to activate USB Networking @ Pandora Boot otherwise nothing work on this Port ;)

Thank you guys, I have just ordered a USB 2.0 Hub and it should be here in less than a week.

If it doesn't work I shall be back on here to let you know =D

Back