Ripping Dvds With Subtitles To Gpcinema

Alpha2

Heroic Autobot
Website
the-real-alpha2.com
Ugh, I've been driving myself nuts the last few days trying to convert movies for GPcinema. I was able to convert a Fan sub dvd, it came out rather easily with the programs I got which came from hours of searching for alternat paths through a couple of tutorials that just weren't working for me. The method I'm using Involves DVD decrypter to save the files to HD then AutoGK, dvd2avi and virtualdub (autogk apparently demuxes video and audio into an avi for you through the other two programs) but I get kinda lost somewhere in the middle of the process. I have the .Vob file and .inf and something else that i'm forgetting at the moment ripped and I can get AVI files most of the time... *sigh*

Anyway that first dvd had the subtitles permanantly superimposed on the video but other dvds have the Subtitles as an extra track or whatever, What I want to know is if anyone has a method of converting that includes subtitles.

There's a plug in for virtual dub called vobsub, I think you need to rip another file off the dvd that contains the subtitles. The plugin has it's own program to configure it as well, change the position on the screen etc. Might be worth a look. Jace

I've tried the Vobsub filter, it saya "not detected" after it gets added to the list and dosent seem to use the sub file I found after ripping,

I've tried Flask and it wouldnt work for me, it's like I was missing another plug in but it was never clear, I just know I'd get errors before anything happened so I got fed up and dumped it. Like I said I went through a lot of other programs because some of the tutorials just wouldnt work for me.

Back