GP2X Rocks 'n' Diamonds (boulderdash Clone) On Gp2x?

b._.o._.b

Hi all,

I'm a Linux user and always checking www.happypenguin.org for some new or updated Linux games. Today I saw the game Rocks 'n' Diamonds (boulderdash clone) updated again and I realized, this game could be perfect for the GP2X.
Unfortunately I don't have any developing skills, so I can't do it myself (or be very very patient :) )
This game uses SDL and as I understand that is a developing library that is usable for the GP2X too.
It has got very high ratings on happypenguin so I think it could be very rewarding to port this one to the GP2X.

Here the link to the entry on happypenguin: http://www.happypenguin.org/show?Rocks%20%...amonds#comments

And here the link to the rocks 'n' diamonds site: http://www.artsoft.org/rocksndiamonds

Great game, if you're a linux user and didn't try it yet, go install it! (but it would even be more fun to play it on the GP2X)

Bob

Yono posted on Sep 23 2006 at 10:28 PM said:

I've searched for Diamonds and didn't find any posts.... and now I've searched again and there are lots of the same questions. Probably not searched the whole board, sorry for that.
It's a good sign I'm not the only one wanting to see this great game ported to the GP2X :)
And not a very good sign it isn't done yet :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! Will have a look at it, I thought Amiga didn't emulate that well on gp2x so I didn't bother to try it yet.

Anyway, the Emerald Mine levels are part of Rocks 'n' Diamonds.
R'n'D has more than 50000 levels, it's huge(!) and has 'sokoban', 'Supaplex' and boulderdash levels. So I'm still hoping someday the port will be made :)

This would be great, indeed, but myself I still have much trouble trying to beat the ultimate Boulderdash (the C64 one ofcourse) pack I got from some C64 FTP site.. ;)

Yeah I really want this to be ported too. It`s such a neat conversion. Amiga emulation will not do the trick. The feature that have been added to the game are just too awesome.

xnopasaranx posted on Sep 24 2006 at 03:04 PM said:
Yeah I really want this to be ported too. It`s such a neat conversion. Amiga emulation will not do the trick. The feature that have been added to the game are just too awesome.

Perhaps not soo variant-rich, but 'EMERALD-MINE' is already present now, and works well with uae4all_gp2x :D
(KICK 1.3, emu bias CPU: 1.Step, 266 MHz)

And for still more Levels take 'EMERALD-MINE 2' :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back