GP32 Rogue-likes For Gp32

slaanesh

Certified Guru
Website
www.slaanesh.net
I've recently been completely taken by Rogue-likes.

The short story is that I re-discovered them playing Epyx's "Rogue" on my Macintosh Classic.
I quickly migrated to handheld devices - as I tend to do - and found a number of excellent rogue-likes.

My two current favorites are both on the GP32!

I started playing Nethack on the Zodiac but had problems with it so decided to try Retrobit's Nethack port for the GP32.

nethack02.png

Gob-smackingly good, I've played it solidly now for a week. I loved Diablo and Diablo II (which really are just pretty rogue-likes) but I find Nethack much deeper - you are able to do some amazing things.

I looked around for other rogue-likes and just today found gpRogue - which is also awesome!

rogue.gif

BUT it has a little problem - no diagonal movement. Easily fixed - if I had the source code.

Question: Does anyone have the source code? The author Fernando Osuna (Lizardos) said to contact him via the forums but I suspect that's on gp32spain.com - and I know zero Spanish.

Can anyone help?

Good luck finding the source - it is an excellent port. The original Rogue is my favourite - I really like games where you feel that you know and understand everything involved in playing, but you can't beat it easily...

Back