Running Bor On The Gp32

H

hughes051

hello I been told to ask this question here please help.
OK. I am waiting for my Blu to arrive but I would like to know how to get BOR to work, as it is not an .fxe file but a BOR.PAK how do you run these file on you gp32? Any advice would be helpful

Thx

I am sorry but i reposted this question like i was told to and it has gone above the other one I did post this in the i need help section and I do not under stand as to why it been posted to the front page I sorry if i upsett any of you guys by doing this

Good Boy!
OK, look, the .PAKs you are speaking of are no executables, they contain the data files (like levels, animations, scripts and stuff) needed to run BOR. Each .PAK file features a different game.
To use them, you have to put the BOR executable (called "bor.fxe" thats the "engine", grab it @ www.gp32x.de)into the folder :\GPMM. Put the .PAKs into the folder :\GPMM\Bordata. Also put there a file called "paklist.txt" .
There´s a version of it supplied along with the executable. it looks like this:

speed=1750
bor.pak=Beats of Rage
xmen.pak=xmen
castle.pak=Castelvania
bormini.pak=Beats of Rage
megaman.pak=Megaman
gng.pak=Ghouls'n'Ghosts Returns
vor.pak=Village of Rage

The upper line is the speed setting (lower the value and it speeds up). The other lines are a list of the .PAKs you have in your Bordata folder. All entries there are listed when you start BOR.
Every line is like this:
"name of .pak file"="Description of the respective game"
f.i. >>dar.pak=Dragons of Rage<<
(without the >><<´s)
So you have to add all .PAK´s that are not already listed to the paklist.txt like described above. You should also delete all entries for games you don´t have, but it is not really necessary.

Fishbong posted on Apr 4 2005 at 11:11 AM said:
Good Boy!
OK, look, the .PAKs you are speaking of are no executables, they contain the data files (like levels, animations, scripts and stuff) needed to run BOR.
To use them, you have to put the BOR executable (thats the "engine", grab it @ www.gp32x.de)into the folder :\GPMM. Put the .PAKs into the folder :\GPMM\Bordata. Also put there a file called "paklist.txt" .
There´s a version of it supplied along with the executable. it looks like this:

speed=1750
bor.pak=Beats of Rage
xmen.pak=xmen
castle.pak=Castelvania
bormini.pak=Beats of Rage
megaman.pak=Megaman
gng.pak=Ghouls'n'Ghosts Returns
vor.pak=Village of Rage

The upper line is the speed setting (lower the value and it speeds up). The other lines are a list of the .PAKs you have in your Bordata folder. All entries there are listed when you start BOR.
Every line is like this:
"name of .pak file"="Description of the respective game"
f.i. >>dar.pak=Dragons of Rage<<
(without the >><<´s)
So you have to add all .PAK´s that are not already listed to the paklist.txt like described above. You should also delete all entries for games you don´t have, but it is not really necessary.

thx Fishbong for correcting me ok sinch i am waiting for my blu to turn up will this work with gp32 pc emulator?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back