Sam N Max Scumm Problem.

CUPC4KES

THERE IS ONLY ONE TRUTH.....
Website
Visit site
i went out and bought sam n max to use with scumm on my gp32. i can get it running on my pc but even thoughi put all files into gpmm in a file called 'samnmax' i cant get scumm to recognise it as a game. can anyone advise me on what i need to do? cheers.

You only need 2 files off the CD.

Samnmax.000
Samnmax.001

If you point the Scummvm file selector at the directory they are in then it should recognise the game - this works for me.

...don't know if that helps!

Tim

Each game needs a seperate folder (you can't put the dott demo and sam&max in the same directory if that's what you did. Also which version are you using?

no theyre in seperate folders in the gpmm directory, in dott and samnmax. im using SC132MHZ.FXE. it was off the gbax disc i got with my gp32. i couldnt get scummvm.fxe to work, it just crashed with dott

try DJWillis' Scummvm it may work better for ya ;) I'm gonna tell ya now that the cursor speed on Sam & Max is quite slow... Read the included readme it has a list of the needed files, if you aare still having problems don't worry just post again and we'll try and get this working for ya ;P

the link worked but i think theres something rong with the site. i clicked on the latest version and it downloaded instantly, when winrar opened it it said file corrupt, itried it twice and it happened both times.what ive played of sam & max seems really good, im a big fan of the broken sword series. do you get all the speech through the gp32??

Well, send me a pm with your email and I'll mail it to ya I just d/l it and I was able to open it with winrar
As for the sound it's not too good right now, if you have the disk version you can get some sfx and a little bit of talking, but there is ogg support but causes it to skip everytime it goes to play talking

Back