GP2X Samba Client On Gp2x With Vista

Trenki

Website
www.trenki.net
Hi guys!

I have to work with my laptop for a while now which has Vista Home Premium installed on it. I already can't use the devkitGP2X which I was using with XP since it is broken on Vista. I tried to get USB networking with the GP2X running and that worked without problems. I am having troubles getting the samba client to work though.
I already changed a registry key which would make Vista use an older authentication method than NTVLM2 by setting the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\LmCompatibilityLevel from 3 to 1 and rebooting.

This still did not make it work. Another weird thing is that when accessing from an XP machine a username/password dialog pops up (where I can enter whatever I want) before it actually shows me the shares and I think that might also be problematic.

So, does anyone know how to get this working or how to make Vista shares so that this authentication dialog does not pop up when accessing from XP machines?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Finally got it to work on Fedora 8 running in VMWare. Unfortunately Vista was preinstalled on my laptop and I don't intend to replace it (acer drivers only available for vista). At least I can try out DX10 coding this way.

Back