Saturn Problems

vf10a

Still Fresh
Website
www.retro-station.com
I just received a second hand but unused japanese sega saturn from ebay. It is one of the white models. I fired it up and everything to be okay but after setup none of my games would load (and yes they are japanese games). The disks don't seem to be spinning at all so i guess the drive is faulty. Is there anything else that could be wrong / is there an easy way to fix this?

Do you get a picture? The reason I ask is I had the same problem with mine. It turned out my scart cable was faulty and the reason the disc wasn't spinning is because it had gone to the date/time setup screen (the internal battery was flat). I have a new scart cable now and it runs fine - for about thirty minutes. Then the control pads stop working and when it's reset the video out doesn't work either. It's as if the control pad ports and the video out port time out after a certain time.

Yeah I get a picture - I've done the set up and everything. It also goes to the cd menu after a certain period of time on the title.

Dreamcasts are wierd machines.

One day I blew mine up (plugged my UK ps2 lead into the back of my Jap dreamcast by mistake, doh!) turned it on to see the swirl logo start up followed by a really loud popping sound and smoke pouring out of every vent, Turned it on a week later to find it worked fine! (this was a year ago and it's still going strong)

I have heard of machines that have stopped working for apparently no reason, only to start working again at later dates so you may be lucky.

Alternatively have you tried loading games with a Utopia boot disk? This is what most people used to play imports on their UK dreamcasts, you should be able to download it somewhere and burn it to cd.

Edit: Ignore everything Ive said Ive just realised you are talking about the Saturn. :blink: , Man I should lay off the beer :unsure:

Back