Scratches On The Outer Screen...

GP32-001

Still Fresh
Website
www.lik-sang.com
Hello,

I have the regular GP32 (not FLU or BLU), and the top screen has some scratches on it. I don't think they are on the outside of the screen though. It seems like they are on the inside of the outer plastic cover. It kinda looks like it has one of those plastic sticky things on the screen to protect it during transport. You cannot see these scratches unless you put it in direct light and the reflection shows the scarthes really bad. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and fixed it, or if there was maybe a way to take off the top plastic screen, or maybe a replacement screen someone is selling or a site I could get one from.

or if there was maybe a way to take off the top plastic screen, or maybe a replacement screen someone is selling or a site I could get one from.

yes u can take it off and you can buy replacment screens
gbax.com i think has them and mash mods.com also has glass replacments(instead of plastic)

edit : there is a guide to removing the screen on GBAX as well

Ok so I followed the screen removal guide. I took off the plastic screen, and cleaned the back side of it with alcohol, and come to find out it is not scratches on the screen, it is some kind of purplish film on the screen. I srcrubbed most of it off, but there is still alot around the sides. In the middle there is none anymore! I tried HARD to get it off the sides, but it seems like it not going anywhere with alcohol. Does anybody have any new other cleaners I can try? I tried alcohol and Windex alreday. I still need more ideas. Thanks for the tip to remove the cover. thanks.

GP32-001 posted on May 27 2004 at 01:31 AM said:
Ok so I followed the screen removal guide. I took off the plastic screen, and cleaned the back side of it with alcohol, and come to find out it is not scratches on the screen, it is some kind of purplish film on the screen. I srcrubbed most of it off, but there is still alot around the sides. In the middle there is none anymore! I tried HARD to get it off the sides, but it seems like it not going anywhere with alcohol. Does anybody have any new other cleaners I can try? I tried alcohol and Windex alreday. I still need more ideas. Thanks for the tip to remove the cover. thanks.
Don't even bother with that dodgy plastic screen, throw it away (after you put a new glass one in of course). Either buy a GLASS replacement from mashmods, or just cut your own. It isn't hard just get some glass from a store and a cheap glass cutter and make one. You will never have to worry about scratches and smudges again. Plus the screen looks much brighter.

Last edited by a moderator:
GP32-001 posted on May 26 2004 at 06:31 PM said:
That pupple film is an Anti-Reflective coating. Its "supposed" to be there.

Last edited by a moderator:
That pupple film is an Anti-Reflective coating. Its "supposed" to be there.

... yeah, but you have to admit, it sure smudges easy! I can't wait to get my glass replacement screen from MashMods.

The purple anti-glare layer on my gp32 was also deteriorating. I used a standard window cleaner to remove it completely.

I got a tube of scratch remover for GSM's some time ago. I used it on my gp32 to remove the purple coating like everybody else. I also had a small but deep scratch right in the center of the screen, wich I removed as well with that stuff. Your plastic screen gets thinner, because you brush off a thin layer, but it's thick enough for a couple of treatments I think.

Back