screen replacements

coolgpguy

Website
Visit site
I remember hearing a guy talking about glass screen replacements(sorry forgot the name) but im wondering if your still thinking about actually doing it? my screen is so scratched with that stupid purple screen i need a replacement :D

Last edited by a moderator:
put me down for 2
You'll only need one
DIY - it's easy - just round the corners of the cut glass until they fit comfortably inside the grey plastic 'GamePark' rim and take care that the LCD (non-Flu) or the FLU screen (FLU), and the underside of the new glass screen are totally dust free (use a lens brush) before replacing the glass screen.
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=6271
It is more cost effective for me to buy the finished article from someone else and for me to work an hour of overtime to pay for it. That is as long as the screens cost less than £30 each

also i need a spare for just incase i break one.

lesson for the day.
know your limits- im a DIY fuckwitt, but a damned good network/server engineer/god.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is more cost effective for me to buy the finished article from someone else and for me to work an hour of overtime to pay for it. That is as long as the screens cost less than £30 each

also i need a spare for just incase i break one.[/QUOTE]
moz- not to do zenocha out of a job, but getting the glass cut is the easy bit. You'll still have to fit it yourself - unless zenocha is going to offer this as part of the service.
As for breaking the glass - you'd have to jump on it , in which case your GP32 would be f****ed as well.

It will cost nowhere near £30 if i sell them, id estimate under £10 and fitting them is easy all you do is prise off the grey bit, take out the screen protector an put the glass one in, also if your replacing your screen id recommend using an air duster so you dont leave any un-sightly dust under the screen cover.

Also nacho are they actually glass, i ran the page thru babelfisf but all it said was "crystal" im just wondering? If they are glass then thats me probably out of business before i even get started.

Back