Screwed Filesystem, What To Do?

n2liquid

Still Fresh
Yes, I do am a dumbass. If you're angry, this is a right time to blame someone: ME!

As I was not only satisfied to sexually abuse my batteries playing Donkey Kong Country the whole day long(I haven't an AC adapter), now I just screwed up my brand new F-200. I wanted to try changing firmware, and downloaded http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,42,1291 this one. Started skipping the first lines, they weren't much too important... It was something like "Beta Only - Use at own risk!!!!!" or something.. I dunno.

Well, then I followed the instructions, copying cramfs-0.0.4.dump and running flash_cramfs.gpu. It is said that the menu should pop back after about 3 minutes. I paciently waited around 10 minutes when I turned that damned white box off(yes, yes, blame me.. I deserve it). Now when I turn on my gp2x, the screen incredibly turns from black to... black! And I can't do anything with it. I've tried to download the official firmware(4.0.0) and holding Select+Home when turned on, but, still, that doesn't work.

What should I do? Not taking into account:
1) Killing myself
2) Running in circles around my gp
3) Killing myself
4) Killing myself
5) Killing somebody else
6) Killing my dog
7) Smashing my gp2x on the wall

I am starting to sweat and my hands are shaking... :)
Please...
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buy a bob, parallel cable and try using gp2xrecovery ? Dunno if it works on f200's mind.

Killing your dog might only worsen the situation, as thousands of animal rights protesters storm down your front door and attempt to kill you with your now-defunct gp2x.

Killing yourself will at least take your mind of what you have just done.

:)

oh yes.. I will try to fix it. That is, if I can find any electronics shop around here, as I'm living in a small, far-from-everything town. (at least I'm keeping contact with nature B) )

Another problem is that I'm now using a notebook, it hasn't any parallel nor serial port. And I've tried to change the firmware of my desktop computer and... ok, ok, just kidding. Actually its power supply is much too old and I need to change it.
Yet that must be a good chance for me to get off this sit and learn more about my gp2x (I propose dissection!)

Thanks,
n2

Yep, only way to recover is to use a cradle with gp2xrecovery tool.

To use it, connect the cradle using a parallel cable to your PC. Put FW4.0.0 firmware files on an SD Card. Put the card into the gp2x.
Put the gp2x in the cradle, switch it on, start gp2xrecovery.

It should upload the firmware. Wait until it's finished then wait another 1 or 2 minutes.
Switch off the gp2x and remove it from the cradle.

Switch it on again while pressing SELECT + START and this will continue the firmware flashing process to FW4.0.0.

It will finish after a few minutes and you're back to normal state.

There also a way to reflash filesystem without cradle (helped me even with bad nand blocks but not from first try)

Just find 1.x firmware image file and flash it, and after flash up to needed firmware

Cradle is needed only for cleaning badblocks

Back