Scripting Help

daclassicgamingmaster

It Is Your Birthday.
Website
krispf3.blogspot.com
Well, it seems as though im having trouble with getting scripts running on my gp2x. I was able to get the snes and psx scripts working with the help of telcoLou, but now I decided to rearrange my SD and start using scripts so everything looks cleaner.

To start, the psx4all script isn't working. Here is my script set-up:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

/mnt/sd/cpu_speed.gpe 1 2 260 
cd/mnt/emu files/psx4all
./psx4all.gpe
sync

cd /usr/gp2x/
exec /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu

the original .gpe file is located in this folder on my SD: F:\emu files\psx4all

Is there anything Im doing wrong? I have the line setting thing to UNIX btw, so it can't be that...

- DCGM

Try re-naming the target folder without the space ... I don't think it likes spaces and cap letters.

Change 'cd/mnt/emu files/psx4all' to 'cd /mnt/emufiles/psx4all' or if you really want to keep the space (always a bad idea if you ask me) then use 'cd /mnt/emu\ files/psx4all'. Either way, you must have a space after cd.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You posted this in the GP32 section ... I'd move it but I handed in my badge :p

Anyway, don't give up man! Someone will figure it out ...

:blink: Still thrown off by the switching of the two sections i guess :lol:

I just tried squidgesnesa and that wont work from a script either.....and I also ensured both programs actually ran without scripts, so that isnt it.

Im stumped :(

ok, new question. If I dont want to bother over-clocking but want to use a script, do i just delete the whole line that has to do with OC'ing like so?:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

cd/mnt/emu files/psx4all
./psx4all.gpe
sync

cd /usr/gp2x/
exec /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu

If not, what do i do? Im gonna try it w/o OC'ing....

Is there any particular reason why that script has exactly the same errors as your original one? Have you actually made any of the changes we told you to make?

Of course I've made changes :rolleyes:

For some reason it still wont work though...When Tleco originally helped me, I was able to get psx and snes scripts running, but upon trying to make more by merely changing the directory paths to match the new emulator, I was unable to get any other scripts working. I always make sure its set to UNIX, but have no idea why im having such a hard time with this.

Are there any other working scripts I can try (both with overclocking and without)? If so, please post examples and I will try them out.

Thanks for the help thus far guys

- DCGM

edit: Some good detective work saves the day!!!! I got it all working woot!

Complements to http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=29035 <--that thread for showing me my mistake, which ironically enough, no one noticed.

I added "/sd" to before "/emufiles" as illustrated here:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

/mnt/sd/cpu_speed.gpe 1 2 260
cd/mnt/sd/emu files/psx4all
./psx4all.gpe
sync

cd /usr/gp2x/
exec /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu

That seemed to have done it for both scripts. I dont know if that was essential, or whatever else but both emus run from scripts now. YAY!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back