ScummVM

Cas

HI

OK, downloaded ScummVM and placed it in the app folder, start scumm all OK.

Where do I place the games, have tried a couple of places on the card but cannot

find them when I start scumm and try to add a game.

HI

Where do I place the games, have tried a couple of places on the card but cannot

pandora/appdata/scummvm/games

HI

Hi

Nope does not work :

I have the games in :

When I go to that folder via add game within scumm appdata shows empty.

Edit: Just a thought, this is nothing to do with Pandora updates and scumVM being

from last year is it ?

Last edited by a moderator:
IF I remember correctly, it shouldn't really matter where you place the roms themselves, just one tip for when you're adding the games themselves, if you hold down the L button, the Add Game should change to Mass Add. Click on that and navigate to the root directory of your game files and click ok. ScummVM should scan and add all games in that folder and subfolder (my Pandora is currently RMA'ing, so apologies if my instructions aren't 100% accurate!!)

IF I remember correctly, it shouldn't really matter where you place the roms themselves, just one tip for when you're adding the games themselves, if you hold down the L button, the Add Game should change to Mass Add. Click on that and navigate to the root directory of your game files and click ok. ScummVM should scan and add all games in that folder and subfolder (my Pandora is currently RMA'ing, so apologies if my instructions aren't 100% accurate!!)

Hi

Nope, sorry.

Hi

Nope, sorry.

I had the same problem with a previous version of Scummvm, for some reason it wasn't loading up all the engines required so it wouldn't allow me to add games. I think there's some version ot about Acummvm tab you can click that should gives a scrolling message of credits. Check on that and see what engines appear in that list. I never did find out why it didn't work properly for me. At the time I found if I used one of the really early builds for the Pandora, think it was the first or second one released), that used to allow me to run games fine. you might try that and see if it produces better results?

Hi

Nope, sorry.

I had the same problem with a previous version of Scummvm, for some reason it wasn't loading up all the engines required so it wouldn't allow me to add games. I think there's some version ot about Acummvm tab you can click that should gives a scrolling message of credits. Check on that and see what engines appear in that list. I never did find out why it didn't work properly for me. At the time I found if I used one of the really early builds for the Pandora, think it was the first or second one released), that used to allow me to run games fine. you might try that and see if it produces better results?

It scrolls loads of engines through, the build v1.2.1 30 Dec 2010.

Hi

After much messing around I found how to get to the games for scummvm when using Add Game within scummvm.

After clicking Add Game I kept clicking Go up until i came to a whole list of directories.

One of these is named mnt/

On choosing this I came to some more directiries.

One of these is called utmp/

on choosing this I came to one called scummvm/

On choosing this I found the games directory.

Seems a bit long winded but hey it all works now :)

Problem sorted at least, so you'll get to enjoy the majesty of ScummVM (great software!). I still end up plugging in a mouse if I'm going to be playing on it for a long time, guess I'm hardwired that way ;)

Problem sorted at least, so you'll get to enjoy the majesty of ScummVM (great software!). I still end up plugging in a mouse if I'm going to be playing on it for a long time, guess I'm hardwired that way ;)

Hi

Mouse, mouse I can plug in a mouse, well I never knew that ?

One warning with using mice on the Pandora, even though lots of mice claim to be USB 2.0, they really haven't turned out to be, so everyone I've heard of so far uses a hub. I've a tiny Manhattan hub that really doesn't add too much bulk to the back of my Pandora. Quite a few of the Breakout style games ported so far work great with a mouse too, and of course Cannon Fodder on UAE4ALL! :D

One warning with using mice on the Pandora, even though lots of mice claim to be USB 2.0, they really haven't turned out to be, so everyone I've heard of so far uses a hub. I've a tiny Manhattan hub that really doesn't add too much bulk to the back of my Pandora. Quite a few of the Breakout style games ported so far work great with a mouse too, and of course Cannon Fodder on UAE4ALL! :D

Hi

So the hub you have is USB to USB 2.0 ?

I found several, what is the model that you have, going go buy one.

I've a small hub I bought in Harvey Normans here, I've more information posted about it in a thread called "logitech wireless mouse" in the support section(the thread is still there, just buried a bit at this stage!). I reckon most hubs nowadays are probably 2.0 compliant, I just like using that one for low power items like my mouse or USB stick. Hope this rambling of mine proves somewhat useful! ;)

A bluetooth mouse is also a good way to go. I've got a "old" logitech and it works fine. Just had to paid it using the gui.

I need to play some of those ScummVM game. I love those old lucasart adventure game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

After much messing around I found how to get to the games for scummvm when using Add Game within scummvm.

After clicking Add Game I kept clicking Go up until i came to a whole list of directories.

The way I do it is choose the games from my SD card. It's under the "media" folder.

the "mnt/utmp" folder seems to be just a clone of some folders on your SD card that you've been running in that session (I don't know, but that's my guess).

Hi

The way I do it is choose the games from my SD card. It's under the "media" folder.

the "mnt/utmp" folder seems to be just a clone of some folders on your SD card that you've been running in that session (I don't know, but that's my guess).

Hi

Yup media directory works, thanks :)

It's a union mount. It mounts the PND file, and then overlays it with the respective appdata directory. In this way, when the Pandora runs an application, it simply runs it from /mnt/utmp, and the app doesn't have to worry about which SD card its save data is, it simply writes to the same directory and the OS deals with writing it back to the correctly mounted directory.

Back