ScummVM

Distructo

Still Fresh
Trying my hardest to get DoTT to work, i have tried to load both SCUMM versions.

When i try to locate the dott file within the file directory it can't find it anywhere, I have stored this DOTT file in GP:/GPMM, gp:/GPMM/Scumm and even the GP:/Game directories. although i do get a option within the main fee launcher to load the GPSCUMMVM Alpha (dott only) but when i come to run this it locates the game but stops loading as it asked for the file"tentacle 000".

Am i missing something here.

Also has anyone had problems with the roms in the wonderswan emu as it asks for you to reduce the rom extension mae to three characters????

Any help will be appreciated.

try a decent recent version of scummvm (i.e. the one listed here on gp32x)

i never used the alpha, but it's old as the hills (hence why only DOTT works)

--jo

Distructo,

1. Get the scummvm new version as directhex said, from www.gp32x.de as the old one is, frankly, crap. From there it is easy - just put the .000 and .001 files anywhere you like. Navigate to the directory containing the files (for me, gp:/GPMM/SCUMMMVM/DOTT)...

However you can't just drop dott into your GP32's smart media card and expect to 'run' it. You run the scummvm program from the free launcher -then- select DOTT.

Also, make sure you are copying both tentacle.000 and .001 to your SMC.

2. Check the readme for the emulator, for example game gear roms need to be renamed from .gg to .ggg because the GP32 filesystem supports only 3 characters (letters) for the extension.

Sorry if I sound patronising, but I don't know your level of computer experience.

- Rico

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the help guys but it's nothing new from what im already doing. tried all versions of scummvm.

As i said before running scummvm locates the file but cannot run through the scummvm file manager even though i have renamed the file .000.

im starting to give up on this.

any help will be appreciated.

Also im only getting one file for DOTT not two... where can i get the other file???

thanks

Well that's the problem right there.

At the least you need tentacle.000 and tentacle.001. 001 is the actual data - a large file. .000 is a kind of 'directory structure' for 001 and is also required.

You can optionally have a monster.sou sound file too.

To get the other file, it's simple - purchase a legitimate copy of DOTT, and you'll get both files.

If you own the copy but have lost it or the file was genuinely missing, go here, makes no difference to me...

- Rico

On a side note:

I'm having problems getting past the protection on Monkey Island 2, are there any definitive solutions? I can't carry the manual with me everywhere!

On another note:

Having problem with ScummVM myself. Tried both FXE. I have tried Monkey Island 1,2 and DOTT Demo from this site.

I've addes the games, but everytime I click start the GP32 crashes with a line of pixels across the screen? What's going on here?

Kop_007 posted on Apr 25 2003 said:
I've addes the games, but everytime I click start the GP32 crashes with a line of pixels across the screen? What's going on here?
This happens for up to 10 seconds and then the game starts - it's just loading!

I also thought it wasn't working, just be patient ... looks weird I know, maybe it could be replaced with 'Loading'...

i get the same junk with some gpengine game, notably street fighter and r-type part II.

jlebrech posted on Apr 25 2003 said:
i get the same junk with some gpengine game, notably street fighter and r-type part II.
i think this is a different thing. street fighter isn;t supported by GPengine, not sure about R-Type pt II

How long should DOTT or Monkey Island take to load, cos I've left it on that pixelated screen for ages and nothing happens? Well, i've left it on about a minute - surely that enough?

Yeah Strret Fighter is like that on PC Engine, but R-Type Part 2 (using the Jap version) works perfectly.

Ok, suddenly it works, load up in like 5 seconds! Weird...just when I was about to give up it's pulled out of the bag.

I though the sound was pretty good on Scumm though? Getting really bad fuzz - like on the SMS EMUetc? Would be perfect to play DOTT with nice clear sound...Just wondering if it was the emulator or if I've got a bad game?

Thanks

Back