Sd Card Not Recgonised By Built In Reader.

Moonchild

Still Fresh
Website
htpp
I'm running a Toshiba Qosmio F10 laptop which has a built in card reader. When inserting the card into the card reader the laptop makes no response, it doesn't even show any signs that it has recgonised that any new media has been inserted into the laptop. This is the first time I have had to use the card reader as I have never dealt with SD before. When connecting my GP2x to the laptop via USB it works fine though I can only access 1GB of the 2GB SD card, which is rather annoying as you can imagine.

Any information on how to get my built in card reader working? Drivers or anything...?

Moonchild posted on Oct 7 2006 at 12:04 PM said:
I'm running a Toshiba Qosmio F10 laptop which has a built in card reader. When inserting the card into the card reader the laptop makes no response, it doesn't even show any signs that it has recgonised that any new media has been inserted into the laptop. This is the first time I have had to use the card reader as I have never dealt with SD before. When connecting my GP2x to the laptop via USB it works fine though I can only access 1GB of the 2GB SD card, which is rather annoying as you can imagine.

Any information on how to get my built in card reader working? Drivers or anything...?

As it's been said everywhere on this forum, buy yourself an external card reader, as internal GP2X card reader is shit, and so might your Qosmio reader be :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, I see. Thanks. I was aware that it has been said to buy an external card reader, but I thought that there must be a way to get my laptop card reader working. I find it unlikely that it is a bad card reader, possibly it has just malfunctioned.

Update: I bought a Mikomi Card Reader for £15.00, works like a charm and the transfer rate is so much better.

Moonchild posted on Oct 7 2006 at 11:14 AM said:
Hmm, I see. Thanks. I was aware that it has been said to buy an external card reader, but I thought that there must be a way to get my laptop card reader working. I find it unlikely that it is a bad card reader, possibly it has just malfunctioned.

Update: I bought a Mikomi Card Reader for £15.00, works like a charm and the transfer rate is so much better.

glad to hear you got it working.

sorry to state the obvious but it sounds like there is some sort of problem with your laptops card reader (it doesn't read cards) so it might be better posting on a different forum for sugestions on that...

however, it is common that certain cards with certain readers don't always get on all too well (as is true with the gp2x reader AFAIK - never had probs myself), but a good quality card reader will give you the best chance of success...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back