Sdhc Classes

NickLoTurco

Website
www.hitthesport.com
Hi, I know there was a thread about this a few days ago but I cannot find it for the life of me!

I've seen an 8gb sandisk sdhc class 2 card on ebay for 50 quid, does this sound like a fake to anyone? Also, would class 2 be okay and what difference do classes make anyway?!

Lo Turco

Quoted from the Wiki.

SDHC cards have SD Speed Class Ratings defined by the SD Association. The SD Speed Class Ratings specify the following minimum sustained write speed on to empty SDHC cards:

Class 2: 2 MB/s
Class 4: 4 MB/s
Class 6: 6 MB/s

Trooper

NickLoTurco said:
Hi, I know there was a thread about this a few days ago but I cannot find it for the life of me!

I've seen an 8gb sandisk sdhc class 2 card on ebay for 50 quid, does this sound like a fake to anyone? Also, would class 2 be okay and what difference do classes make anyway?!

Lo Turco
£50 is very expensive Check these out from MX2, they have free delivery too. And I highly recommend Integral cards, I used the CF cards in my SLR as well

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a class 4 one. Do SDHC cards come formatted in FAT32 or do you have to do that yourself? If so, where do I find FAT32? I want to get stuff downloaded onto it so I'm ready to go crimbo day!

NickLoTurco said:
It's a class 4 one. Do SDHC cards come formatted in FAT32 or do you have to do that yourself? If so, where do I find FAT32? I want to get stuff downloaded onto it so I'm ready to go crimbo day!
My 4gb class 6 sdhc AData that I bought didn't have to be formated. When I used it with Notaz's sdhc firmware it recognized the card right away. I didn't have to format before storing and deleting files.

Last edited by a moderator:
The card will probably come formated FAT32 already. You can format the card with your computer though. If you use windows...right click on the card in explorer and then click format. A dialog will pop up and you can select FAT32 and format the card.

Back