Sdl_mixer/sdl_sound Linker Problem

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
This linker problem has me stumped. All of this stuff worked on the mingw(windows) side with SDL_sound built as a dynamic dll/lib. Im using codeblocks and devkitGP2X.

I created the SDL_sound lib static library, i coped then placed it the lib folder for the devkit.
I put the SDL_sound.h in include/SDL

I then try to link my project that uses both SDL_mixer and SDl_sound and get these linker problems (I get 9 of these function linker problems total):
CODE

D:\Codeblocks_RC4\devkitGP2X\lib\libSDL_sound.a(playmidi.o):: In function `Timidity_Start':
:: Warning: size of symbol `Timidity_Start' changed from 460 in D:\Codeblocks_RC4\devkitGP2X\lib\libSDL_mixer.a(playmidi.o) to 36 in D:\Codeblocks_RC4\devkitGP2X\lib\libSDL_sound.a(playmidi.o)
D:\Codeblocks_RC4\devkitGP2X\lib\libSDL_sound.a(playmidi.o):: In function `Timidity_PlaySome':
:: Warning: size of symbol `Timidity_PlaySome' changed from 6936 in D:\Codeblocks_RC4\devkitGP2X\lib\libSDL_mixer.a(playmidi.o) to 2484 in D:\Codeblocks_RC4\devkitGP2X\lib\libSDL_sound.a(playmidi.o)

Here are my linker flags:
CODE

-static -lSDL_gfx -lSDL_ttf -lfreetype -lSDL_image -ljpeg -lpng12 -lz -lSDL_mixer -lvorbisidec -lmikmod -lmad -lSDL_sound -lSDL -lgcc -lm -lc -lexpat -lpthread -msoft-float

Pickle said:
yaustar said:
Have you tried a clean and build?
Just tried for both SDL_sound and xBak and linker problem still occurs.

Man this is annoying, the minute you think you have something working it breaks somewhere else. I dont see anything that im doing wrong with the building of this static lib.
I really could use help from anyone thats built lib from scratch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle said:
Pickle said:
yaustar said:
Have you tried a clean and build?
Just tried for both SDL_sound and xBak and linker problem still occurs.

Man this is annoying, the minute you think you have something working it breaks somewhere else. I dont see anything that im doing wrong with the building of this static lib.
I really could use help from anyone thats built lib from scratch.

It works! Found a solution, I just had to rename all of those functions to something else. Sound isnt worling yet, but im getting into the SDL-sound functions, which is a start.

joyrider said:
Hey, did you manage to get it working ? i'm getting the same kind of error messages when trying to staticly link SDL_Sound in a game. If so how did u fix it ? cause i think it should work without having to rename functions as well. or do i really have to do that as well ?

these are the errors, i'm getting :
http://users.pandora.be/IMS/misc/weirderrors.jpg

i figured it out , you have to compile SDL_Sound without timidity support and then it works (as long as the games don't use timidity using sdl_sound)

I edited config.h from sdl_sound after doing ./configure
and i changed
#define SOUND_SUPPORTS_MIDI 1
to
/* #undef SOUND_SUPPORTS_MIDI */
and then ran make again / make install again and copied over the libs over the previously compiled ones and it worked !

joyrider said:
joyrider said:
Hey, did you manage to get it working ? i'm getting the same kind of error messages when trying to staticly link SDL_Sound in a game. If so how did u fix it ? cause i think it should work without having to rename functions as well. or do i really have to do that as well ?

these are the errors, i'm getting :
http://users.pandora.be/IMS/misc/weirderrors.jpg

i figured it out , you have to compile SDL_Sound without timidity support and then it works (as long as the games don't use timidity using sdl_sound)

I edited config.h from sdl_sound after doing ./configure
and i changed
#define SOUND_SUPPORTS_MIDI 1
to
/* #undef SOUND_SUPPORTS_MIDI */
and then ran make again / make install again and copied over the libs over the previously compiled ones and it worked !

good to hear, im still having problems with it on the GP2X side. For now ive stopped compiling it into XBak.

Back