Seems I Was Right Afterall!

DaveC posted on Mar 8 2005 at 06:53 PM said:
Many places that you find them don't even tell you what version the ROMs are so how do you know what will work with what MAME? This is pretty confusing :blink:

Well two of the better known rom sites do tell you which rom set it is and if you use p2p software it is often mentioned in the file name.

Last edited by a moderator:
no you won't all the ones I got where for .94 I belive and they work

its just some files where taken out becuase their not needed anymore but in older versions they where

Usually whatever websites have them will list the version they are from. The roms don't get updated nearly as often as Mame itself does, so that's a good thing :)

For Ryleh's port, depending on when he releases it of course, any of the 'current' roms (should be v.90) should work, as he stated he was porting from v.90. As well, ClrMame should go a lot farther to fix what (few) roms wouldn't work with such a recent port... so even if the current mame is v.94 (just released) and Ryleh's is v.90, ClrMame should be able to get all of them running.

For Franxis' port, I guess there are more places than I knew to check for older rom versions, so perhaps all is not lost :)

EvilDragon - i must be doing something wrong then... using the latest ClrMame pro, all v.74 or v.90 romsets, and I got a hell of a lot more than 13 games that don't work.

Back