Sensible Soccer

ah...my fave all time game..yes i play the snes international version on snesx9....
133 mhz...skipframe 2...no sound.
play's like a dream....oh thank the great sensi god in the sky for shining his light once again!!!

i use the master system version with fsms.

it brings back memories... :)

This game is not a patch on kickoff2(ST/Amiga), Goal(ST/amiga) or Dino Dini's soccer(genesis).

sensi is :-

easy

unrealistic

repetative

slow

its based on the kickoff idea but its been dumbed down for instant playability for those with brains too slow to play kickoff2 (which is still the best sports game ever written)

look posted on Sep 18 2003 at 01:13 AM said:
This game is not a patch on kickoff2(ST/Amiga), Goal(ST/amiga) or Dino Dini's soccer(genesis).

sensi is :-

easy

unrealistic

repetative

slow

its based on the kickoff idea but its been dumbed down for instant playability for those with brains too slow to play kickoff2 (which is still the best sports game ever written)
you are

- wrong

-wrong

-wrong

-wrong

kick off two is shite compared to sensi, we ALL know that

Last edited by a moderator:
I long for the day when CaSTaway plays Sensi. It's user input that crashes it, if you let it go through the menu it will show you (tease) a demo match. :angry:

As an aside, I'm not going to get angry but KO2 is good and bad for different reasons. I mean you can even score from the Kick Off! You can also get Goal! on the ST, which is better but still not Sensi. :ph34r:

matt

I made the same mistake as most people with kickoff2.

On first play its too fast and seems uncontrollable.

I put it back in the box and left it for a while.

Desperate for some footy my brothers and I decided to give it another chance.

That was back in 1991 and now in 2003 we're all still hooked.

scorelines are realisticly balanced when two equally matched player have a game.

unlike sensi where you can score the same goals again and again the kickoff ball movement is much more realistic.

sensible GP32 you must have the attention span of a goldfish not to get bored with sensi. its dull......although what I would say about sensi. Its still better than all of EA's fifa games put together.

then again so is blow football and shuv a'penny

look posted on Sep 18 2003 at 09:12 PM said:
I made the same mistake as most people with kickoff2.

On first play its too fast and seems uncontrollable.

I put it back in the box and left it for a while.

Desperate for some footy my brothers and I decided to give it another chance.

That was back in 1991 and now in 2003 we're all still hooked.

scorelines are realisticly balanced when two equally matched player have a game.

unlike sensi where you can score the same goals again and again the kickoff ball movement is much more realistic.

sensible GP32 you must have the attention span of a goldfish not to get bored with sensi. its dull......although what I would say about sensi. Its still better than all of EA's fifa games put together.

then again so is blow football and shuv a'penny
The public spoke, Sensi was way more popular than Kick Off and I'm still playing it eleven years later.

PS I have the attention span of a post-grad, whether that's good or not I don't know...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sensi was amazing, I played right from the very first version on the Amiga (I bought just about every new version of it too lol, Euro Champions, International, SWOS, SWOS Updates :) )

I even hunted it out for my PC a while ago, eventually finding it for sale in a local store, and have been enjoying it since :)

I do wish it were available for the GP32, add on a bit to the management, include RF support :) If it were released it would be pants creaming time lol.

Mind you most of sensibles games were really good, Sensi golf was always a laugh and Wizkid was amazing :)

lol - well i'm clearly a retard but i love sensi and all the add-ons, anyone seen yoda soccer ? - http://www.geocities.com/yoda_soccer/

why compare the 2 ? if you like em both - play em both !!

does anyone know of a good soccer manager simulation which will work on something with save states ?

Back